Math Hysteria: Fun and Games with Mathematics Paperback – 16 Sep 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
In Math Hysteria, Professor Stewart presents us with a wealth of intriguing, challenging, and fun puzzles, each one spun around an amazing tale. (L'Enseignement Mathematique, 2005)
About the Author
Ian Stewart is Professor of Mathematics at Warwick University. An active research mathematician, he is also a well-known popularizer of mathematics and related areas of science. In 1995 he was awarded the Royal Society's Michael Faraday award for furthering the public understanding of science; his book Nature's Numbers was shortlisted for the 1996 Rhone-Poulenc Prize for Science Books; and he delivered the 1997 Royal Institution Christmas Lectures, televised by the BBC. His many books include From Here to Infinity: a guide to today's mathematics, The Science of Discworld and The Science of Discworld II, What Shape is a Snowflake? and Flatterland.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Recreational
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Hobbies & Games > Indoor Games
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Hobbies & Games > Puzzles & Quizzes