on 9 December 2011
i LOVED this book. it has everything any teenage girl wants to read! it has two perpsctives, Tony and Lucy and they describe how they feel and really gets you into the book (and laughing!) this book is a MUST READ so buy it cause you're missing out on such a gr8 story! i've read it 10 times or more this WEEK! you'll never regret buying it! this story is so addictive and good! if u love the Mates Dates series then you'll absolutely ADORE this book!
on 6 May 2017
This book will always be a personal favourite of mine I really want to know if they get together eventually.
on 31 August 2011
I admit it may have been a silly idea to buy books about a group of 14-year-old girls for a 10-year-old, but I really wasn't expecting the story to go the way it did. A romance between one of the 14-year-old and an 18-year-old adonis develops, and the main theme of the book is very much 'will they or won't they', if you catch my drift. Careful consideration is given by the characters, with some discussion and a lot of serious thought, and I don't want to spoil the ending so I'll stop there; but I personally think that these kinds of decisions are just too adult for 14-year-olds, never mind the girls who will be reading the book. Most of them probably won't be 10, but it's not too far a stretch to think that there will be a lot of 12- and 13-year-olds reading them, and I don't think that teenage sex should be normalised in this way. Call me naive, but I say these books should be saved for 16-year-olds at the earliest.
VINE VOICEon 22 March 2010
If you have read the other books in the series and enjoyed them then I'd definitely recommend this book. I wasn't sure if this book was worth getting since it is more like back story to the other books in the series rather than a new story but it was just as good and it is definitely one for fans of Tony and Lucy.

If you have not read the other books then you might want to start with the first book in the series but it is not an essential. You will still be able to follow the story.

I would recommend this especially to younger teenagers (13 to 15) but all ages can enjoy!
22 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 August 2009
My 12 year old daughter loves this series of books, I've had to buy the set of 12 books. She previously read Enid Blyton's Malory Towers & Saint Clares but she seemed to out grow them and this M&D range is a suitable follow on, they're great for the pre-teen time of life with the emphasis on mates and your dates.
on 17 July 2015
I love a good romance, and I wished I noticed sooner that it was near the end of the series so I could read the others but it would be weird to read it backwards. I loved the characters and The way it was told by the main male and main female character its unusual and made the book more interesting. I really enjoyed this charming book because of the story kept me engaged.
on 6 June 2014
This book was one of the best books I have ever read!!!! My favourite parts were when Tony's point of view was shown. I would not suggest this book to people who haven't read the first book. Amazing book for 12+ as it does have some adult themes. Amazing Read. Funny and romantic. WONDERFUL!!!!!!
on 3 February 2014
An amazing book. I've read some of the mates dates series but in then realised that I only cared about Tony and Lucy`s love story. Wouldn't you just love to have Tony I know I would. I only they got together in the end of the book
on 27 December 2012
This book is fab if you have read the series( I have apart from number12) great read for ppl who love laughs embarrassing situations and terribly funny ppl ! I only gave 4 stars because I want to know more !!
on 2 January 2013
It was an interesting book. I really liked the story because it's a book for teenagers

It talks about school and I like the way they pretend to have a diary to Wright in and tell there feelings