- Paperback: 440 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 4 edition (20 April 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1856175197
- ISBN-13: 978-1856175197
- Product Dimensions: 24.4 x 18.8 x 2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
160,788 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #50 in Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Materials
- #239 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- #328 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- See Complete Table of Contents
Materials for Architects and Builders Paperback – 20 Apr 2010
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Dr Arthur Lyons was formerly Head of Quality, principal lecturer and teacher fellow for building materials at the Leicester School of Architecture, Faculty of Art and Design, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK. He was a lecturer in building materials within schools of architecture and surveying for thirty five years.
Top Customer Reviews
The book is divided into eighteen chapters with clear diagrams and colour pictures showing the appropriate use of the materials. I found this an excellent reference for my studies, its written in plain English, and it would also be of great use if you were planning a self-build project.
I'm doing a degree and this book was on the recommended list so that indicates its a good book, additionally the illustrations and pictures are great.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Materials
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering