Material Concerns: Pollution, Profit and Quality of Life Paperback – 5 Sep 1996
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Clear and compelling...Jackson provides both the conceptual framework and convincing illustration of the new evironmental paradigm of industrial production. In ten years' time all managers will be thinking this way."
-Michael Jacobs, CSEC, Lancaster
"A very impressive and potentially influential book: imaginative yet rooted in sound common sense. Successfully drawing together the essential themes in the current environmental debate, this book deserves to be very widely read."
-Roland Clift, University of Surrey
"This is a very good book. It is a logical argument that draws its evidence from a number of quite disparate academic disciplines, marshals digestible facts in a convincing manner, and presents complex points to the nonspecialist reader without patronizing or indeed preaching."
-" Tourism Analysis
..." inspirational ... A major strength of the text is integration of the material economy with the ecosystem and thermodynamic system ... [T]he author has written a pioneering book fusing environmental economic relationships in a new and needed approach for economic and industrial geography ... I plan to use the textbook as a required book for my industrial geography course."
-John Benhart, "Journal of Cultural Geography
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is required reading for any student, executive, or academic who is even remotely interested in reducing human impact on the environment.
Now... That all said, I am baffled by the prices of this book. This message is now even more timely than when it was first written and it needs to be heard by all, yet the prices leave it frustratingly inaccessible to most people. Most egregious is the price of the Kindle Edition! One would think that, given the subject matter of the book, Jackson, the publisher, and Amazon would want to encourage readers to purchase the book on the Kindle rather than the hard or soft cover version. By pricing it the same as the paper version, they are not promoting this. Amazon/publisher: lower the price of the Kindle Edition!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Natural Resources Management
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Pollution
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Environmental Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services