on 5 June 2017
Despite the feeling that will take your bike safe, there are two main things that should be done better. First is the accommodation key, sometimes the key doesn't fit properly and you are not able to open and/or close the lock. Second is the poor design of the carrier bracket, especially for the way in which you have to screw it could be hard in some occasions. Overall it does it job.
One person found this helpful
on 25 November 2016
I was using a master lock chain but it was heavy i thought this would be lighter .
It is actually only a bit lighter than the chain i was using i really like the blue colour and the sturdiness of it .
It looks like a mean bit of kit on my bike but i found that no matter how hard i tried the holder just wouldn't fit my suspension bike so i have to put it in my bag.
So far ive had no problems with the lock sticking or rust as ive scraped of some of the paint so its a good buy just a shame i still have to take a rucksack with me to put it in.
on 24 February 2014
bought this after seeing a 'this morining' section on increased bike theft. Have to say it looks and feels very solid. key hole has a cover which turns round it to stop it getting dirty / wet etc...ON advise from Police I use this as they advise which is ''as extra security to lock through frame and back wheel to a un-movable secure fixing for extra protection as if against floor these locks are easier to attack''. I run a cable lock from this d-lock and through my front wheel too. id be put off attacking my bike especially after seeing some poor effort from the bikes outside my gym.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 June 2017
Lock was that secure, I was unable to move the key hole cover to reveal the key hole and open the lock when it arrived. Wasn't prepared to force the cover in case it snapped or damaged the lock. Also the badge on the front was not stuck to the barrel but could be slid out of position. Not the quality I would have expected. Ended up returning the lock for a refund. Very poor.
One person found this helpful
on 29 October 2016
Looks and feels like a strong, sturdy product without being too heavy. Got it for the sold secure status to meet my insurance requirements.
on 22 July 2017
Looks well made and comes with 4 keys, but holder won't fit on my oversize aluminium frame tubing
on 3 August 2016
Good buy. Only problem is bracket won't fit frame. Keep it in bag on rides, so not too much of a prob. Feel bike is secure when fitted.
on 10 June 2016
Excellent securing D lock which is ideal security. Only drawback is the D lock carrier does not fit my FreeGo E Bike so have to carry the lock in a Pannier when not in use. Hence not 5 star.
on 29 June 2017
Really strong lock, easy to fit.
on 20 December 2017