Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5 Paperback – 22 Nov 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
All the Information IT Professionals Need for VMware vSphere 5.5
VMware vSphere is the world′s leading virtualization platform, and vSphere 5.5 gives you even greater control over how to allocate your virtual resources. Whether you′re just starting to virtualize, or you already have a virtualized environment but want to improve your skills with practical advice, best practices, and real–world examples, this book is your complete VMware vSphere resource. The author team of VMware vExperts Scott Lowe and Nick Marshall uses a logical, start–to–finish approach, showing you in detail how to install, configure, manage, and monitor a dynamic virtual environment using the VMware vSphere 5.5 product suite.
- Understanding all components of the VMware vSphere 5.5 suite
- Installing and configuring VMware ESXi Server, vCenter Server, and vSphere Update Manager
- Creating and configuring virtual networks and storage devices
- Ensuring high availability, and planning for disaster recovery and business continuity
- Creating virtual machines, including installing VMware Tools, deploying, and managing everything with the vSphere Web Client
- Cloning virtual machines with your own templates and vApps, or with OVF (Open Virtualization Format)
- Understanding utilization versus allocation and balancing resource utilization
- Integrating vCenter Operations Manager and monitoring VMware vSphere performance
Install, Configure, and Manage a Virtualized System with VMware vSphere 5.5
Increase Your Capacity with Scalable, Robust, Virtualized and Cloud Solutions
Monitor Performance and Maintain High Availability
Reinforce Skills with Best Practices and Real–World Examples
About the Author
Scott Lowe, VCDX 39, is an engineering architect for VMware focusing on network virtualization and software–defined networking (SDN). He is also a VMware vExpert and author of Mastering VMware vSphere 5. Nick Marshall is a senior consultant with over 13 years of IT experience and multiple advanced IT certifications, including VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) in Datacenter Administration (DCA) and Datacenter Design (DCD). He currently works at VMware in the APAC region.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book is well written, full of important information and tips and is crucial if you want to pass the VCP5 exam. Other reviewers should revisit their scores and judge it by it's content. My only small criticism would be that the screenshot type is quite small, but I'm old enough to use a magnifying glass without shame.
It makes easy reading of a complex subject and I can't give higher praise than that.
9/10 - well worth the money
I read this book twice before taking my VCP5-DCV exam and it was extremely helpful. Make sure you follow some of the labs to refresh your memory or areas you don't use that often day to day.
I would happily pay slightly more for a better quality finish - hard cover option, with better quality pages next time please.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The content is good but the print is awful, why print in such a horrible font, it make it difficult to see never mind read.Published 19 months ago by The-Viking
Excellent write up. This is the best IT book ever.good description of termsPublished on 6 July 2014 by stacey