- Paperback: 298 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (24 Sept. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184969768X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849697682
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 1.7 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 365,502 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Mastering Manga Studio 5 Paperback – 24 Sep 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Liz Staley first started writing and illustrating stories when she was young. Her first novel was written by hand in a Marble composition book in middle school. In high school, she began to write another novel, the first book of that series was then published ten years later as The Hinomoto Rebellion. In 2010, she began her first long-form story webcomic, Adrastus. The giant robot love letter in comic form ignited a strong passion for comics as a story-telling form.
Aside from drawing and writing stories, Liz also loves to play role-playing games, read, watch cartoons from the 80s and 90s, and go for long walks. She lives in Western Pennsylvania with her very supportive husband, Byron.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The actual contents of the book is good and there are few errors in the text.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Manga studio 5 doesn't have a lot of tutorials or books out there and this one does show you around.
While I do feel the "mastering" part is a bit exaggerated, this book is a valuable source to show you around and eliminate any confusions you have about what Manha studio can or cannot do.
I'm glad I picked up the book and recommend it as your first step to mastering manga studio
While Liz makes it clear that this is not a book for beginners, I have found it to be a much better reference and resource than the free downloadable manuals on Smith Micro's website. It really helped me settle into Manga Studio 5's new interface. However I must point out, I had just come from using Photoshop and the previous version of Manga Studio. So this book may not suit someone who has never used art or graphic design software before.
I have been looking for a "Manga Studio 5 for Dummies", however it appears that title does not exist at the current time. This would have to be the closest compromise. Liz explains every icon and detail in each chapter so that you can easily follow along, with extra tips and notes, almost like a Dummies book. Still, I recommend you either pick up and flip through a physical copy (if you can find one) or download a free sample before deciding whether this book will be right for you.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Reference > Consumer Guides