- Amazon Student Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Mastering Autodesk Maya 2015: Autodesk Official Press Paperback – 3 Oct 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Get More Out of Autodesk Maya with this Official Guide
Even if you already use Maya, you ll get more out of Autodesk s popular, leading–edge 3D animation software with Mastering Autodesk Maya 2015. Author Todd Palamar draws on his extensive professional animation experience to help you take your Maya skills to the next level. Fully updated to reflect Maya s latest features, it takes a hands–on approach to instruction, providing you with a diverse set of tutorials designed by real–world professionals to showcase 3D animation and visual techniques used in industry settings. Illustrated with practical examples that bring the information to light, this guide shows you how to acquire the skills needed to use Maya in a professional environment.
- Using the Hypergraph, Outliner, Hypershade, Attribute Editor, and Connection Editor
- Animating with keyframes, expressions, and constraints
- Building a humanoid mesh using polygon and subdivision surface techniques
- Creating a facial–animation rig using blend shapes
- Lighting tools and techniques that can be used when rendering scenes with mental ray®
- Applying textures painted in other software packages
- Animating and rendering with Paint Effects
- Using XGen, Maya nHair, and nCloth
- Creating smoke, cloud, and flame effects
- Working with the Maya virtual camera
Design Cloth, Fur, and Fluids
Use Inverse Kinematics, Keyframes, and Deformers
Model Organic and Hard Surfaces
Work with Maya Muscle
Master Visual Filmmaking and Scene Management
About the Author
Todd Palamar began his career creating traditional special effects for low–budget horror movies and quickly gravitated to computer animation. After working on numerous straight–to–video movies, he entered the video game industry. Todd has extensive freelance experience, including dozens of military and game–style simulations, corporate commercials, and theme park rides. In addition, he has written several Maya books, including Maya Studio Projects: Photorealistic Characters and several editions of Mastering Autodesk Maya.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
At best this is a paint by the numbers to make simple maya contraptions. Might be sufficient for a beginner but will by no means make anyone a master.
Look for similar items by category