Mastering Autodesk Maya 2014: Autodesk Official Press Paperback – 16 Jul 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Build Career–Worthy Skills in Maya 2014
If you already know the basics of Autodesk Maya, now you can kick your skills into a higher gear with this expert guide. Using hands–on tutorials and clear instruction, this in–depth book helps you build intermediate to advanced proficiency in Maya and prepares you to use this powerful software at a professional level. Find advanced instruction on such important topics as cloth, fur, and fluids, as well as 3D cameras and virtual filmmaking, modeling, animation, rigging, and much more.
You′ll discover specific Maya features that will help you work as part of a team on large projects, and gain valuable experience in how a complete CG production pipeline works. This complete resource also helps you prepare for the Autodesk Maya 2014 certification exams.
- Build Professional–Level Skills in Maya 2014
- Learn Practical Workflows and Tricks Used in Real Studios
- Understand the Entire CG Production Pipeline
- Follow Hands–On Tutorials and Improve Your Skills
- Prepare for the Autodesk Maya 2014 Certification Exams
- Mastering Maya nodes and the Maya working environment
- Setting up a virtual camera to compose compelling scenes
- Modeling with polygons, NURBs, subdivisions, and deformers
- Customizing with Paint Effects, indirect lighting, and mental ray shaders
- Using the latest version of Maya nParticles to produce complex visual effects
- Delivering realistic characters with Maya fur, nHair, and nCloth
- Making waves, clouds, smoke, flames, explosions, and more with Maya Fluids
About the Author
Todd Palamar began his career creating traditional special effects for low–budget horror movies and quickly gravitated to computer animation. After working on numerous straight–to–video movies, he entered the video game industry. Todd has extensive freelance experience, including dozens of military and game–style simulations, corporate commercials, and theme park rides. In addition, he has written several Maya books, including Maya Studio Projects: Photorealistic Characters and Mastering Autodesk Maya 2013.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The other thing I have to say is you could do a better job in getting the owner hooked up with the exercise files. The link in the book is incorrect!! I had to do several internet searches before finding it on the same forwarded site but in a buried location in the shop on the downloads page somewhere. This sucks! The hours I have wasted on this one area is unreal. I'm very computer savvy and this was a job!
I would ask my money back but I like the content of the book so well. I'll just keep gluing the mess and next time I will get an electronic version of things from this company.
Finding Exercise files 1*
Look for similar items by category