- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Mastering AutoCAD 2004 and AutoCAD LT 2004 Paperback – 28 May 2003
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
The Classic AutoCAD Resource Now Covering the Latest Release of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT
Mastering AutoCAD 2004 and AutoCAD LT 2004 is a fully updated and enhanced edition of Omura′s classic. If you′ve never used AutoCAD, the tutorial approach and step–by–step instruction will get you started right away. If you′re familiar with an earlier release, in–depth explanations of AutoCAD′s newest and most advanced features will quickly take your work to the next level. Whatever your experience, however you use AutoCAD, this is an indispensable resource that you′ll refer to again and again. Coverage includes:
- Finding your way around the AutoCAD interface
- Creating and developing an AutoCAD drawing
- Managing your drawing projects
- Controlling your drawings′ printed output
- Previewing your drawings using WYSIWYG plotting
- Discovering hidden features
- Mastering the 3D modeling and rendering process
- Customizing AutoCAD
- Taking advantage of AutoCAD′s Internet features
- Linking drawings to databases and spreadsheets
- Combining tools to accomplish complex tasks
- Managing custom symbols
- Securing and authenticating your files
- Aligning and coordinating Layout views
- Customizing and using the new Tool Palettes
- Using Publish to share files with non–AutoCAD users
About the Author
George Omura is an architect, illustrator, and animator who has worked on design projects ranging from resort hotels to metropolitan transit systems. He has written numerous other AutoCAD books for Sybex, including Mastering AutoCAD 2002, Mastering AutoCAD 2000, Mastering AutoCAD 14, Mastering AutoCAD LT, and Mastering Autodesk VIZ 4.
Top customer reviews
Also excellent resources CD-ROM with full 30 daytrial version of AutoCAD 2004 and other useful extras.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
For the beginner (I read the beginner chaps just for fun and to see what's new in 2004) excellent walk-thru exercises with great pictures and easy to understand instructions should have you drawing in no time as well as building your confidence with each chapter.
For the more experienced user who wants to delve in to the 3d features and customization capabilities of Autocad (ex. database integration, VBA, Lisp, Web dev, sys vars, etc.), excellent coverage including walk-thru's of these areas will provide you with the solid foundation to do whatever you want. I was particularly impressed with the coverage of the 3d environment as Omura devotes 4 chapters to this topic with each one being a must read.
The inclusion of good screen shots throughout the book allows you to read and understand while away from the computer.
Very satisfied with the purchase of this book!!
I started at chapter one, and learned about features I have overlooked although I've been using AutoCAD since version 10.
I can't praise Mr Omura enough, he even gives his e:mail address and invites suggestions for improvements. There isn't a better book on the market for new users of AutoCAD, or experienced users either. The writing style and exercises are so easy to follow.
HELP in the book led me through the things I did know how to do.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Computer Aided Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design > Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Engineering Skills & Design