- Paperback: 196 pages
- Publisher: Best Seller Publishing, LLC (28 Sept. 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1946978108
- ISBN-13: 978-1946978103
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.1 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 60 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 285,506 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Mass Persuasion Method: Activate the 8 Psychological Switches That Make People Open Their Hearts, Minds and Wallets for You (Without Knowing Why They are Doing It) Paperback – 28 Sep 2017
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Bushra Azhar believes that human beings are irrational and trying to persuade someone through a rational argument is like trying to stop a 5 year old from Odin on M&Ms by recounting the evils of high fructose corn syrup. She is a Persuasion Strategist and Founder of The Persuasion Revolution, where tiny businesses make big bucks, using Psychology of Persuasion. She started The Persuasion Revolution in July 2014 and managed to go from an absolute nobody with zero connections and subzero sales to $1M+ in sales, an email list of 23,000 and a buyer list of 4,000 in less than two years.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well, this one IS different.
Not just the book itself (it's not really a book, by the way, it's a step-by-step, join-the-dots, paint-by-numbers, follow-my-instructions blueprint for persuading through ANY medium, including speech and sign language), it's the way the subject matter inside it was masterfully used to persuade me, and many others, to grab it eagerly with both hands.
So skilled persuasion was being played out well before I ever laid eyes on the book. And now I have the formula for repeating it whenever and wherever I like.
There's no fluff or padding in the book. It's concise and to the point. Highly recommended to anyone who ever needs to be persuasive at any time.
When I first read the book I had to resist the urge to start implementing right there and then. I wanted to go check over my sales pages and make sure I’ve got the persuasion switches included. I wanted to write my video script right and record it straight away.
The 8 persuasion switches are explained in such a way that they are easy to understand and implement. There are tons of examples and templates/copy to swipe. Unlike other books, you are not being told you need to do this and not know why you are doing it, or left wondering ‘how’ you are meant to do it!! That in itself is worth a lot of money, to get a coach to explain all this to you.
Among all the dozens of books for entrepreneurs I read, this one is only the 2nd that I have earmarked as valuable resource to come back to again and again.
I do recommend this book, but with a few warnings:
It is not for the faint hearted. It will leave you with the confidence that you understand what are the 8 persuasion switches and the belief that you can actually do it! And you will be right too. So if you are not and action taker it will likely turn you into one.
Also you are likely going to use your highlighter a lot and possibly be left with multicolour pages… and you may also get the urge to paper your office wall will this information goldmine because you should not be doing any form of marketing without implementing what you learn in this book.
Things I liked:
- It’s broken down in easily digestible chunks, where you can read the parts that you feel will be relevant to your business, and leave the rest if it’s not. Although I would say, at the very least read the 8 persuasion switches.
- The book was funny, however …(see things I didn’t like)
- It effectively gives you the ability to develop, improve and implement a marketing strategy for your business, particular your social media strategy for facebook.
- Social media chapter - Demonstrates a wide range of examples for Facebook posts for all businesses at all stages, with the exception of the Desirability switch (see things I didn’t like).
- Social media chapter - Loved that there was a mention of useful tools that can be used to make it easier to find content, such as Flipboard, and Buzzsumo. Especially since I’d never heard of these before, and on using them thought why the hell did I not know about this time saving tools?!
- Video chapter – loved the different types of videos you could do, and when you do them.
Things I didn’t like:
- I felt that at times the author was trying too hard to be funny, with every other line being some reference to some funny thing, which I found quite distracting from the point being made. But thankfully, this was mainly at the beginning of the book, and it died down for the rest of the book.
- Although the book indicates that these strategies can be implemented by newbies, it assumes that you’ll have testimonials, and case studies.
- It seems like most of the book is aimed at, and would work most for business owners who launch a product, course etc, but I’m a little unsure whether a lot of the content methods would work if you’re a business consultant / strategist selling ongoing services or packages. Stand outs were “No questions asked guarantee”, and having bonuses.
- Social media chapter - Although, the book states that the social media posts can be used for all platforms, I didn’t think a lot of the examples could be for a platform like Linkedin. Especially some of the more playful type posts; so how do you create “the know, like and trust” for Linkedin, where a good proportion of people get their clients?
- Social media chapter - most of the examples given for the desirability switch assumed that the reader had clients, it would have been great if there was more of a mix of examples that assumed you didn’t have clients.
-I thought that perhaps there should have been a chapter after the 8 persuasion switches for your elevation pitch or the; ”what do you do question?”; using the switches, as I think if you do this, then for alot of people, like myself, this would create a good foundation to using the rest of the book.
- Despite the things I didn’t like about the book, I couldn’t wait to improve and implement my social media strategy using the strategies in this book. So for that, I would recommend this book, and like it says in the book, you don’t need to do everything all, just take what you need to get you started now.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews