on 29 April 2017
I truly love the Discworld series but someties find that the stories with the withces aren't as goo as some of the others with the wizards of the watch in it a few of the early books seem to try and pull to many parralells with things in our world. This book seems to try so hard to show siilarities between opera in our world it is sometimes at the cost of the story and makes more outlandish statements about singers and opera than it does jokes. I am wokring my way through all of the discworld books from start to finish and am glad I ahve read it but for people just dipping in i would suggest starting somewhere else.
on 23 May 2017
Terry packs lots of references to opera and especially the Phantom in this Discworld whodunnit. With the Witches centre stage (or at least lurking in the wings) this is typical Terry, even if it's not quite up there with the best. It still deserves the 3 readings I have come to expect for Discworld novels: First to get the plot and the main gags; Second for all the gags you missed first time and Third for all those little expositions on the human condition!
on 7 August 2017
It seems some folk just aren't cut out for NOT being a witch, whatever their aspirations. A joy to read, especially how Granny makes Nanny Ogg rich and just as quickly makes her poor again, it played havoc with my sense of humour.
on 5 April 2017
I love reading Terry Pratchett's books. It is always a delight when I find a Diskworld novel that is unread or that I forgot ways read a LONG time ago!
on 30 May 2017
Another excellent Discworld novel, this one on a fairy tale theme. Plenty amusement throughout with a little dark humour too.
on 6 April 2017
this was grate and Finnish to soon I am now looking forward to more from this author
on 1 April 2017
I know it won't end well so I'm kind of fascinated...
on 27 April 2017
Pratchet does phantom of the Opera. very good
on 19 August 2014
Everything you could want from a Discworld novel. Cracking story, jokes, perfect prose and of course that warm rich vein of humanity that Pratchett effortlessly weaves into his novels.
on 17 September 2017
I love Terry Pratchett so much. He is the greatest wordsmith in the multiverse. No one writes as honestly as he does.