The Mask starring Jim Carrey was first released in 1994 and is about a Bank clerk named Stanley Ipkiss who is transformed into a manic super-hero when he wears a mysterious mask. This new super-hero, the "Mask", falls in love with a singer, while he decides to eliminate every gangster in the city.

For me The Mask is one of Jim Carrey's best comedy films. Amazingly it is said that because of Jim Carey's ability to be flexible in body and his truly amazing facial expressions the producers did not need to digitally enhance them.

I first watched this film with my late parents when I was 34, my parents had never heard of Jim Carrey before this film and they laughed so much they almost cried. Next up was watching ' The Mask' with my eldest when he was eight years of age. The film made such an impression on him that he has watched every film starring Jim Carrey since.

No-one can manoeuvre their facial expressions quite like Jim Carrey and he must use his whole repertoire in The Mask, but let's not forget that he is also an actor and a darn good one at that.
on 2 June 2017
Excellent film just a shame the blu ray of this film says dts sound on the back cover which is what the dvd counterpart is but it's not available when I went to setting set up only 5.1 such a shame as dts is a better sound personly what I think it's bad that these whoever puts things on blu ray it's misleading reason I've gave only 4 stars such a let down
on 27 May 2017
I use to watch this as a kid and I haven't seen it since so watching it now is such a nostalgia trip.

Carrey as The Mask is amazingly funny. He nails the superhero with a bonkers twist excellently.

This will be a film that people will love for years and years...hell it's 23 years old already yet its still a great film.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 4 July 2017
Great fun! Our 8 year old quite enjoyed it, and I liked watching it again as it's been several years since I saw it last. A good family friendly movie that we could all enjoy together...
on 7 January 2017
Love it
on 29 May 2017
Very funny and full of energy with a great performance from Jim Carrey. It's the perfect comedy if you like slapstick and visual gags. Don't expect anything too complex or deep but there is a nice love story holding it all together.
on 10 February 2015
Fun silly and expressive. It's a real catharsis trip for anybody who is like Stanley... Nice, people pleasing and being walked all over. Love the weaving in of cartoon-style graphics and clever trick Photography. The sets are great too. A very funny film classily done.
on 21 May 2017
This really suits his zany and quiet brilliant acting at this stage in his career.
on 12 July 2017
This is what made Jim Carrey a star it's brilliant disc undamaged no scratches
on 9 June 2017
Love this movie and so my kids! Always make me laugh. A good comedy that every must see.