- Paperback: 136 pages
- Publisher: Brooklands Books Ltd (1 Oct. 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1855206013
- ISBN-13: 978-1855206014
- Product Dimensions: 20.2 x 1 x 27.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 797,872 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Maserati Cars Performance Portfolio 1957-1970 (Brooklands Books Road Tests Series) Paperback – Illustrated, 1 Oct 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
From my perspective of interest in the cars of the late sixties to mid seventies, it's not an ideal split. The earlier cars are interesting but its the later cars which filled my childhood dreams and which mean the most to me.
The cars features are:
- 5000 GT including one of the four road tests in colour
- 3500 Sebring - including another colour road test
- Quattro Porte including a comparison with the Quattroporte II in colour
- Ghibli and Spyder including a comparison with the ISO Grifo in colour
There's also a group road test of the Ghibli vs Aston Martin DBS, Ferrari 275 GTB-4 and the Lamborghini 400 GT 2+2
In some ways the marque based books with a variety of cars work better than the single model versions of these Brooklands road test books. There's much more variety and less repetition. It's also interesting to see how the range developed and how car design in particular reached a peak.
Again it's not perfect. The colour makes you yearn for more. Some of the detail is lost in dark on dark photos in B&W and there's a little bit of reverse print. However, overall, the reproduction quality is good.
About my book reviews - I aim to be a tough reviewer because the main cost of a book is not the money to buy it but the time needed to read it and absorb the key messages. 4 stars means this is a good to very good book.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Clarke has compiled several books like this on Maserati. Each one covers a period of 10 years or more in the history of the marque. They are all included in a hardcopy version that sells for $250, or more. Buying the softcover versions is a much better deal!!