- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Find all the best television shows from the other side of the pond in our US TV store and catch the latest shows in our 2014's Hottest TV page.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Epic historical TV mini-series in which Jewish zealots hold out against the superior numbers of the Roman army. 70 years after the crucifixion, Jerusalem finally falls to Roman rule, with the remaining rebels withdrawing to the heavily fortified mountain stronghold of Masada, south of the city. Safe in their new surroundings, the rebels, led by Eleazar ben Jair (Peter Strauss), make life difficult for the occupying forces, conducting sporadic raids, spoiling supply stores, and generally causing as much grief as possible. The Roman general in charge, Cornelius Flavius Silva (Peter O'Toole), eager to end the stalemate, calls on siege expert Rubrius Gallus (Anthony Quayle) to find a way to breach the fortress. Gallus settles on constructing a giant ramp to finally end the rebellion, the construction of which proves to be long and deadly, as the rebels pour down arrows on the helpless workers. Finally the stage is set for the final onslaught when a huge battering ram is dragged into place.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
host Peter Woodward actually at Masada giving the viewer a more direct lesson than any history teacher could ever give.
The print is good the acting super, what a buy.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
When asked about the height of the scaling tower and how much rope they have left,they...Read more