Mary Ward (1585-1645): `A Briefe Relation', with Autobiographical Fragments and a Selection of Letters (Catholic Record Society: Records Series) Hardcover – 20 Nov 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Will be of interest to all those concerned with recusant history and with the development of apostolic religious life for women. THE WAY For scholars interested in more in-depth research, this collection is an excellent starting point. JOURNAL OF ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY It is no exaggeration to describe this book as an uncut diamond. RENAISSANCE BULLETIN Kenworthy-Browne's English-language edition of works by Ward will be useful for courses and instructional segments on Reformation-era and early-modern history, women's history, church history, and English history. It deserves a place in undergraduate-level libraries as well as in many libraries serving secondary school students. CATHOLIC HISTORICAL REVIEWThis volume is another step in the wider dissemination of Mary Ward's life, vocation and work. RECUSANT HISTORY This volume is another step in the wider dissemination of Mary Ward's life, vocation and work, and a great help for English speakers. HISTORIANS OF WOMEN RELIGIOUS IN BRITAIN AND IRELAND
About the Author
Christina Kenworthy-Browne, a member of Mary Ward's Congregation of Jesus, is the Archivist and Librarian at the Bar Convent, York.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1501-1700
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain
- Books > Biography > Religious
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early Modern 1501-1700 (Tudors, Stuarts, Commonwealth, Restoration, Glorious Revolution)
- Books > History > Religious History > Christianity
- Books > History > Religious History > Other Religions
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > History