on 30 December 2008
Who needs a very expensive Nike Trainer with this excellent piece of kit. Over 1 year on and it is still working and has never fallen off as I was expecting after 3 to 4 runs a week through the muddy park.

Very Impressed
on 6 January 2014
Bought this for my sister one Christmas as she is a big fan of running. She's kept it and uses it and belive me, if it wasn't great or didn't work I'd hear about it!!!
on 5 November 2009
Love this as it fits neatly onto any trainers whilst protecting the sensor - what a fab product!!
on 30 November 2008
Im a 25 mile a week runner and was keen to use the new Nike+ running system with an iPod. I didnt want to change my Brookes running shoes though, Ive ran in these for years and they work for me. This item lets you attach the case to your laces and insert the Nike sensor. I've now ran 1000 miles with this kit and track it all online. I've bought two of these so my spare pair are ready to run.
on 24 February 2014
i got this thinking it comes with something to measure distances. ITS JUST A STRAP!! why would you put the gadget inside of the strap on the Photo of the Item if you dont sell it with the item?? I tried to give 0 stars but its not possible. Wrong name also.. WASTE
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2011
I am new to the nike + iPod sensor usage but hope this will help anyone like me who might like to avoid any issues when using the sensor. Firstly, are you placing the sensor inside a Nike shoe or out side a None nike shoe.

Inside Nike Shoe:
The sensor is on all the time and lasts for around 1000hrs. You should remove the sensor from your shoe if you are not running for a few weeks and you can turn the sensor off to sleep mode by holding and pressing down the small round mark 2mm size for 3 seconds. Do not forget to press it back for 3 seconds when you are ready to turn it back on. It is very important to make sure the sensor inside the shoe is facing upwards! It is recommended you calibrate your sensor over a 1 mile run.

None Nike shoe:
You will have to buy a case for your nike + iPod sensor. I bought Marware Sportsuit Sensor. It is very important that the sensor is inserted into the case RED FACE DOWN! for proper operation. It is recommended you calibrate your sensor over a 1 mile run.

Extra:
I own both a none Nike shoe and a nike shoe and must say the sensor has worked very well in both but only after making sure i have correctly understood how to set it up and use it correctly! You can also track all runs or walks on Nike + web site. I use a iPod Nano to record all my work outs and update the Nike + site to allow me to see and compare my works out as required. O.k Good luck and remember the sensor last 1000hrs before you have to replace it So = {6 mile run + 3 times a week} will result in the sensor lasting around 1 year.
on 16 June 2010
I was a little worried when I bought the Apple Nike and iPod Sport Kit, that I wouldn't be able to use it due to the lack of specifically designed trainers.

After a lot of digging, and reading through countless reviews for various "alternative" solutions, I settled on the Marware Sportsuit Sensor + Case for Nike + iPod Sport Kit.

The case itself does exactly what you'd expect, holding the Nike+ unit safely & securely inside it. The simple design requires that you loop the case through the laces of your shoes, locking it into place with Velcro.

I found that the case fit snugly in place, and prevented the Nike+ unit from moving around. This is a requirement for the unit, and ensures accurate readings while in use.

If you're looking for an "alternative" solution for using the Nike+ with any trainer, then I highly recommend the Marware Sportsuit Sensor + Case for Nike + iPod Sport Kit.
on 14 April 2012
This product does what it says on the time but I was noticing that the distances weren't being calculated correctly, checked this on both the treadmill and outside, it seems to thinks you're about 10%ish faster thank you really are.. I subsequently got Nike+ shows and the sensor was accurate. So I think the position on the foot is the issue.
on 25 March 2009
This product works so easily. I have since bought another one. It is ideal if you do not want to buy another pair of trainers i.e. a pair with the Nike + insert in the bottom!

Very effective,

Mr Trivett
on 11 May 2011
I purchased this as I do not have Nike running trainers, I do the same 5 mile route most evenings, I think as you are not putting pressure on the sensor it does not always detect your pace, so my first run it said I had done 1.2miles then the next 0.7 miles. I have now ditched this case and put it under the padding inside my trainer (which you can't really feel and completely used to now)and now my reading are completely accurate.