Martin Luther's Easter Book Paperback – 1 Jan 1981
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Roland H. Bainton (1894 1984) was born in England and came to the United States in 1902. A recipient of many degrees, Dr. Bainton was a specialist in Reformation history. For many years he was Titus Street Professor of Ecclesiastical History at Yale University. His other books include The Reformation of the Sixteenth Century, The Travail of Religious Liberty, The Age of Reformation, and Christian Attitudes Toward War and Peace.
Martin Luther (1483, 1546) was a German monk, a theologian and church reformer, he is considered to be the founder of Protestantism. Luther was a professor of Bible at the University of Wittenberg when he posted his famous 95 Theses (1517). In addition to writing many books, Luther translated the Bible into German. Luther believed that salvation was only by faith in Jesus, unmediated by the church. He challenged papal authority by emphasing the Bible as the only source of religious authority and believed the church to be a priesthood of all believers.These ideas helped to inspire the Protestant Reformation and changed the course of Western civilization. He married Katharina von Bora thus initiating the practice of clerical marriage within Protestantism.- Publisher.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Religious History > Christianity
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Testimony & Inspiration
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Clergy > Sermons - Christian
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Holidays > Easter
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Ritual