Customer reviews

on 31 January 2012
Although I'm not a nine- to twelve-year-old, the age group at whom this book is aimed, I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the Crabapple brothers' adventures. The scientific inventions were interesting and fun - I was particularly intrigued by the time turner - and the characters were well drawn. If I have one slight criticism, it is that I found the story a tad slow to get started but, once it did, I couldn't wait to find out what happened next.
I do hope there is a sequel on the way, as I long to find out if Martin survives, what Dr Flekken and the rest are truly up to and who their enemies are.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 October 2011
Martin Crabapple's adventures are a great read. I hope there's a sequel soon - I can't get enough of this new hero. He's just like you and me but finds himself in peril in his own strange and weird world. Buy this book for a whirlwind story with lots of imaginative twists and turns.
on 17 October 2011
This is definitely for fans of the comic book character General Jumbo. Although the story is compelling and fun-packed, it was the terrific inventions in this book that gave me the biggest buzz. The heli-wasps, the laser-spiders, the time-tuner: all just wonderful. The inventiveness is relentless. Plus Martin is a great protagonist. If you like 80s Spielberg films, you'll love this.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse