Size: 3 UK|Colour: White|Change

on 7 August 2013
I purchased these shoes thinking they were the same as the previous pair I had, they were not.

They were very tight across the bridge of the foot and on closer inspection they did not have the DM stamp on the side of the shoe and the pattern of the cells in the sole was different. They were made in Thailand and not China as the ones I already had.

I checked on the Dr Martens website and found that there are at least two different shoes under different product codes but under the same name, these codes do not appear on the actual shoes only in the information on the Dr Marten website!

So it cost me postage to return the shoes, BEWARE the pictures shown on the amazon webpage are not of the shoe supplied!

I have just spoken to Dr Martens and product code P11839002 is the wider/longer fit, these I believe are product code P10078001 the narrow fit!

Mike
11 comment| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 November 2009
I have worn many pairs of Doc Martens during my days as an ambulanceman and they have been strong, sturdy and very hard wearing as well as comfortable. As soon as I took this pair out of the box I could tell they were not the same quality because of the weight. They were very light compared with the others I had worn and the sides are very thin which does not make for comfortable wearing. This is the first time I have ever ordered shoes by mail order and it will be the last. Rather try them on in the shop first.
on 10 December 2010
As a window cleaner I have stood on many wet and slippery window sills to do my job, sometimes seven or eight levels high. I would never consider working in this msnner if I wasn't wearing Dr. Martens shoes, the grip is the best I have ever found.

Now that the snow is here once again, I find my Dr. Martens are ideal for staying upright. PLEASE NOTE: I do not wear the Dr. Martens with the commando style tread, they are not nearly as good in my opinion.
on 20 December 2011
Good, all round quality shoe especially useful in the winter as it has a warm sole with good grip. Takes a bit of breaking-in as the leather is quite stiff, especially in the heel area but worth it as they become really comfortable.
on 27 May 2011
I have been using DM shoes for 23 years, but all local shops have stopped selling them (I just found one that does, and they are £70). I did a search on amazon and hey presto got them again.
A lot of people complain they are uncomfortable when new, and they are right(they are very stiff, and can rub on the ankles)).
The trick is to polish them repeatedly for a week, before wearning them. This will nourish the leather and soften them up. I have never had a problem with sore ankles or blisters since. They are comfy from the first day I wear them.

marcel
on 17 May 2010
I ordered this model via Amazon, because the model via Amazon was half the price compared to an equal Doc Martin shoe in my local shoe-shop! Thumbs up for the very reasonable prices on Amazon! +++ :-)
on 11 June 2015
These must be about my 6th or 7th pair. I've worn them for work and lots of other things for about 15 years now. So comfortable once they are softened and formed in the first few days, they are like a favourite pair of slippers after that. I tend to wear them out from the insides because I keep them so long. They then become gardening wear for another couple of years.
The old saying is ' you need two things in life, a comfortable pair of shoes and a comfortable bed. If you're not in one you're in the other'. I like to think these shoes fulfil the first part of that.
on 31 July 2010
I too have bought many pairs of Doc Martens over the years and perhaps they are not the quality they once were. After having read some of the reviews, I was a little concerned about the reputation of the Thailand-made shoes and hoped that they would live up to the quality and longevity of the last pair I bought .On checking I was surprised to see that my last pair were in fact made in Thailand !!

The soles on the new pair definitely seem thinner than they used to be. They used to come with cards advertising them as having 'bouncing soles' which understandably have been dropped now.The leather uppers however do seem of good quality and should shine up nicely for years to come.

Doc's are now being made in England again and are available on the web - but at a price - £[] plus postage.

Oh yes, and I agree with one of the other reviewers - they will rub the skin off your heel unless you break them in slowly.
on 17 April 2012
Dr. Martens Airwair Classic 1461 PW (Plain Welt) Black Smooth Leather Shoes
To begin with, I ordered the wrong size. My Dr. Marten boots are a size 10 and rather 'snug' so I ordered a size bigger.
Size 11's were huge and so they needed to go back.
I rang the seller direct and was met with THE most helpful Company I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
The very next day another pair of shoes arrived at my work address. I posted the other pair back on the weekend, recorded delivery. No mess, no fuss, just excellent customer service.
Now for the shoes...
What needs to be said? They're a pair of Dr. Marten shoes. Look great dressed down, look great dressed up. Comfortable from day 1 and, looking at the soles, will see many a year of wear.
Quality shoes. Quality seller.
on 12 September 2013
shoes are made of thin leather and covered with inner textile .this shoes are of low quality split on the side after six months thats how i discovered how thin the leather was.gone in the bin .Dr. Martens don't do quality shoes no more