Size: 10 UK|Colour: Cherry Red|Change

on 21 March 2017
I am someone who has been regularly turning my ankle over since a fall back in November 2016. Since then I've got various casts and wobble boards to help strengthen the ankle, but in shoes there is always the susceptibility to another turn. because of this I decided I needed more boots that cover the ankle as walking is one of the pastimes I really enjoy and use to supplement other exercises. As part of this I decided my 24 year old 10 eye DMs were in need of another pair to share some load and so i bought these. Some of the reviews seemed to indicate the quality was lower these days as they aren't all made in england. Lots of stuff isn't made in England nowadays and is fine. These boots fall into that category. The leather was gorgeous on arrival, and the colour was as I remember and very obviously new as it bore no cracks or scuffs. The boots themselves gave me an immediate nostalgia shot back to the 70s and 80s when I was never without a pair for those less formal occasions like football or general nights out.

I have been wearing these indoors and outdoors since arrival and they are stiff enough to need breaking in, but these days I find that quite reassuring...much like an album that requires several listens to get into, but then remains with you for life. The fit is so good that even the breaking in process has been no more than a bit uncomfortable around the upper ankle and instep areas, but as each day goes by that lessens and the sheer warmth and comfort grows every step. as I say, I love my walking and have my Karrimor boots for beaches, bridlepaths and rougher terrain, but for cities of cobbles (Prague/Rome etc) and pavements such as an upcoming visit to York, then I think these will be perfect for the comfort the bouncing airwair soles provide. A great product, that looks great and a very good price on Amazon.
on 14 February 2015
Not bought a pair of these boots for forty years but thought I'd buy a pair as I remember how cumfy they were from my teens. Was amazed they were just as I remember them. The quality of them is really good. The leather is thick and seems as good quality as all those years ago.
on 19 January 2017
So you are all wondering how these Dr Martens look? I got mines in 'Black Leather' with my normal size 6.5UK they fit perfect allot of people where saying that Dr Martens done come in half sizes I was a bit worried if they where fake but they weren't they where amazing and spot on. The leather is a nice smooth black leather a bit shiny cause of the leather but lovely I have no blisters or pains they just felt rite. It comes with the drmarten box with the paper and shoes but there are no yellow laces?! I don't really care about Yellow Laces as they look ugly but if you want yellow laces with them I recommend contacting the seller Dr Marten to put them in for you. The show is good quality and is comfy. That's all to say I have included pictures of the box and shoes hopefully you get yours :) add me on Instagram @burstables
review image review image review image review image review image
on 29 September 2015
Classic Dr. Marten's boot that are Aztec colour.
The boot is comfortable, has the clear bounce sole, 8 lace up holes & classic design lace.
The only downside is that all my other footwear is size 8, which is why I chose this size, but these seem a little on the large side so I need some thicker socks. Maybe a half size down would be more ideal but i'm happy enough with this issue but others might want more closely fitting boots.
on 27 October 2014
Bought these for my daughter's 17 birthday after I'd been nagged by her for a pair for ages!! So this is her review:
"Love the distressed look of the leather. Fit perfectly and are SO comfortable (apart from rubbing a little bit on my right heel but am sure this will stop once they are "broken in"). I'm going to wear them EVERY DAY for college - especially now the Winter weather is on its way!! Thanks mum!"
on 23 April 2016
A self indulgent treat for my 56th and suddenly I am seventeen again; how brilliant is that?
on 27 December 2014
Coolest boots ever, my husband works a really tough job and walks a tonne too, these boots so far have kept his feet warm and dry this winter whilst being super on trend! He wears them to work and then to go out with his skinny jeans, thus look the part and are very comfortable. We'll buy another pair when these have give up the ghost.
on 25 April 2016
Nice boot good leather not as good as the DOC's of yesteryear not made in England sole not the same not a criticism a observation. Fit well leather is thinner so more forgiving will wear well.
on 18 March 2014
I love Dr. Martens boots, this are my third pair. Very comfortable.
I've ordered size 9 and they fit perfect, I was worry because size 9 is to small sometimes.
On the picture boots are in light brown color which I prefer but Amazon sent it in dark brown.
They mixed up the colors of the boots. They should fix this problem, it's very confusing and I'm not the first who got them wrong.
I decided to keep them anyway, the dark brown color is not to bad after all.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 May 2017
When I first bought these boots I absolutely loved them and wore them often. However, after about six months of wear they seem to have become incredibly loose fitting on my right foot, to the point that they are uncomfortable to wear. Makes me regret not putting the money in for the boots with a lifetime warranty.