- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Apogee Books (1 May 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1894959264
- ISBN-13: 978-1894959261
- Product Dimensions: 11.4 x 0.5 x 17.8 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,210,021 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Mars: 2 (Pocket Space Guides) Paperback – 1 May 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Robert Godwin is the founder of Collector's Guide Publishing, the editor of the NASA Mission Reports series, and the author of "The Illustrated Collector's Guide to Led Zeppelin" and "The Making of Led Zeppelin's IV." He lives in Burlington, Ontario.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Buy this book its brilliant, but keep a pair of binoculars in your other pocket for some of the pages.
It probably should have been a standard size book to do it justice.
You can put them in the back of your pants pocket and enter another world of exciting space explorations. This Mars book is the best yet. It outlines the history of mans' knowledge about the red planet from it's discovery til now. It details our fascination with Earth's nearest neighbor and the search for life. From Roman folklore to Schiaparelli's canals to H.G. Wells "War of the World's". Mars spawned the dreams of Wernher von Braun travelling there and the book tells how we went there and what we found starting with the 1965 Mariner probes.
The book goes into detail about our robot visits there and what we have found out about the forth world from the Sun. He concludes with our past and future plans for man to finally walk on that dusty world.
A great value and highly reccommended!!!
-- Andrew Chaikin, author of "A Man on the Moon"
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Cosmology
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Solar System > Planets & Asteroids
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology