on 29 March 2017
Excellent value speedy delivery
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 September 2014
Daisy Bellamy is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Two men eager to make her their own and she is stuck in the middle having a hard time making a decision.
Logan is the reliable, comfortable option. He is the father of her child and has been a permanent fixture in her life for many years.
Julian is the free-spirited wild child, He fits the description of the bad boy persona perfectly. He also just happens to be the one who makes Daisy's heart pound with excitement.
So, what to do? Pick the dependable one or pick the one your heart yearns for? Unfortunately the choice she makes becomes irrelevant when fate steps in to change the course of her plans. Heartbreak and misery decide for her instead.
One day a happy bride to be and a moment later an unhappy frustrated wife. As if that wasn't enough to cope with Daisy then gets some news that threatens to throw her right back into the deepest pit, despite it being so-called happy news.
This is certainly a box of mixed chocolates when it comes to emotions. Is sort of questions whether we are able to pick the right Mr Right for ourselves or are just victims of our own emotional roller-coaster rides, depending on our circumstances and expectations.
It also bandied around the subject of whether parents, who can't live as a couple, should stay together for the child's sake. Duty, honour and a sense of responsibility aren't enough to create a happy home or family. Unhappy families create unhappy children. Sometimes it is better to live apart and be two loving but separate parents than be together and drown in frustration.
Poor Daisy flits from one to the other trying to salvage her relationships and rectify past mistakes. It is a bumpy and long road for this particular romance.
I received a copy of this book courtesy of Harlequin UK and MIRA UK.
on 28 August 2014
I read the first of this series on holiday in June this year, not knowing at the time that there were follow books. I loved the first one and once finished I discovered there were more. I bought the second as an audio book and as I enjoyed that too I went on to Amazon and bought the rest of the series. I have carried on reading when I can and this book was really hard to put down. It made me late for leaving for work and kept me up at night. There is sadness to deal with, but I kept hoping that the events were going to turn.
I can't remember ever shedding a tear when reading a book but at the end I admit I did. I do not understand why this series hasn't been picked up for movies. If the books were chick flicks. I would be hooked on those too. The characters are unpeeled until you learn the heart of them and the way that each book entwined with the ones before ensures that anyone picking a later book, can grasp a little of the background history.
on 6 September 2013
Read via elibrary. Although love author I found this book didnt flow so well. Kept putting it down and playing candy crush instead. I found it bit disjointed, also an inconsistency. Daisy and Julian meet in the main pavilion at camp and then go to hangout. Later in book, says they first saw each other where they hung out. Tearjerker in middle though. Lovely book but not as good as the other Lakeshore books.
on 13 December 2012
daisy is my favouite. she is a strong talented girl. i would love to read move of her life in the future
on 13 September 2014
This book did not grab me. But then, I am into humerous romances, along the style of Bridget Jones, and this was nothing like my usual preference. I felt the author did not capture the real feelings of Daisy at hearing about the death of her fiance, and later in the book, the revelations did not come over as believable. Sorry, but I have not been persuaded to read any more from this author.
on 22 September 2014
Really like this series -but Daisy made me cross, as although she stated she loved Justin, I was disappointed with her reaction to her life and problems. She reacted as though she had to have a man in her life - and wouldn't be happy on her own. I don't want to say too much in case I give away the plot, but I was surprised by her reaction it did seem out of character.
on 22 October 2016
Wonderful story, like all of The Lakeshore Chronicles books I've read so far.

I'm not going to elaborate any more as this was nearly ruined for me when I chanced upon someone else's review who gave the away crucial details that really they should not have done.

All I will say is if you want to escape for a while then read the series.
on 3 October 2013
Of all the Lakeshore Chronicle characters, Daisy is surely a favourite. This book does not disappoint. Susan Wiggs portrays her characters with such depth, you can feel the family ties, angst and emotions. Hope there is a follow-up to this book.
on 9 September 2014
These books are easy and very enjoyable reads. I took two more books from the same series on my next holiday as they are feel good factor books always with a happy ending, just what's needed in this world of turmoil.