Marmitek PowerMid XL infrared extender set
|Price:||£28.95 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£1.00 (3%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Does NOT send the picture or sound to another room
- Control your audio-visual equipment anywhere in your house, even through walls and ceilings
- Use your existing infrared remote controls
- Control equipment in a cupboard by adding an optional Marmitek IR Eye extender cable
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Powermid XL Marmitek is a smart IR-wireless extension system to operate your DVD player, TV, satellite system, stereo, etc. from almost every room. Simply put, it extends the power of your remote control allowing its signal to penetrate walls and ceilings, giving you a successful wireless solution to expand the signal of your remote control. The operation is simple and brilliant: Highlights Operation possible for a DVD player, TV, satellite equipment, stereo equipment, etc. from any room in Up to 100 meters transmission distance, 25 meters through walls and ceilings Converts IR signal from remote control radio signal Works with virtually any original remote control, suitable for almost all models (not compatible with Bang & Olufsen) No expensive and difficult installation of the equipment necessary
The Marmitek PowerMid XL infrared extender set allows you to control your TV, VCR, satellite receiver or audio installation from anywhere in the house using your existing remote controls - even through walls and floors. Simply place the transmitter in the room from which you want to control the equipment, and the receiver within sight of the equipment you wish to control. The PowerMid receiver converts the infrared (IR) signal from your remote and converts it to a radio frequency (RF) transmission which is picked up by the receiver which then converts it back to infrared. If your equipment is hidden away in a cupboard then you can connect an optional Marmitek IR Eye infrared extender cable to the receiver and you can control the equipment without having to open the cupboard doors.
Extra transmitters and receivers are available separately so that you can control your equipment from different rooms and/or control equipment located in more than one room.See all Product Description
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Everything works just as if you are sitting in the same room as the main decoder box.
(all you need is a power point and somewhere to sit the pyramids).
1) The transmitter seems to find something in the light output from a Plasma TV, causing it to transmit constantly when the TV is switched on. The transmitter is behind and above the TV, but even very dim reflected light causes this problem.
2) The light output from a Plasma TV can swamp the output from your remote control and cause it to be ignored
3) If the Plasma TV is turned on, the resulting constant transmission interfered with my wireless door bell and with my car key-fob, making it difficult to unlock the car
4) The transmitter or receiver somehow picked up random signals and caused the equipment I was controlling to switch on and off at odd times, so I had to be sure to switch on the extender set only when needed.
One word of warning. DO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!! Because they are wireless operated; it is easy to assume that you put the Transmitter in the Remote room and the receiver by the Box - WRONG!!! The TX/RX refers rather to the Infra Red operation - so the receiver goes in your remote room and the Transmitter goes by the Digibox/whatever. It is an easy mistake to make.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All in all, a pointless buy fir my situation. I bought it for use in a bedroom to control a Virgin Media box in another bedroom. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Simon C.
Simply does not work properly.
I managed to control my sky box for about thirty seconds , then nothing.
Perfect - didn't read the manual and had it working in well under 5 minutes. Admittedly, I'm only using it to control the volume on an amp, but the amp is in one room, and it... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
It doesn't work. Our transmitter and receiver are separated simply by a single wall yet this works very poorly. We have Virgin, and it is very frustrating trying to change channel. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Could never connected , didnt worked with virgin . Send the product back and got reimbursed after 6 months!!!Published 2 months ago by Sailo_Stan
Bought this for a TiVo box it's great means box can be hidden out of sight & no wiresPublished 4 months ago by Karen W