- Paperback: 594 pages
- Publisher: Financial Times/ Prentice Hall; 4 edition (3 Mar. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0273685295
- ISBN-13: 978-0273685296
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 3 x 24.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,282,453 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Marketing Across Cultures Paperback – 3 Mar 2005
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Back Cover Copy-Usunier
“This book is noteworthy in its content and approach as well as in generating class discussion on intercultural marketing relations, exchange, and communications. With the diversity in world markets and the importance of having locally-specific understanding of markets and consumers, it is a welcome resource for teaching students who can either relate it to their own intercultural experiences or who have never had intercultural experiences themselves.” Güliz Ger, Professor of Marketing, Faculty of Business Administration,Bilkent University, Turkey
International marketing relationships have to be built on solid foundations. Transaction costs in international trade are high―only a stable and firmly established link between business people can enable them to overcome disagreements and conflicts of interest.
Marketing Across Cultures, 4e uses a successful two-stage cultural approach to explore International Marketing.
· A cross-cultural approach which compares marketing systems and local commercial customs in various countries
· An inter-cultural approach which studies the interaction between business peoples of different national cultures
"I used Marketing Across Cultures in courses in five different countries with students from more than 35 nations. The book provides a stimulating view on international marketing issues and at the same time allows in an excellent way to sensitize and train students for intercultural work, which has become the norm for most medium-sized and large companies." Prof. Dr. Hartmut H. Holzmüller., Chair of Marketing
Universityof Dortmund, Germany
Invaluable to all undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA students studying International Marketing and for marketing practitioners who wish to improve their cultural awareness, Marketing Across Cultures, 4e is essential reading.
New to This Edition!
Rewritten extensively in an effort to make the book as accessible as possible, co-author Julie Lee from Australia helps bring a Euro-Australasian perspective to the table. New materials includes:
· The internet revolution and its impact on international marketing
· Additional web references that allow in-depth and updated access to cultural and business information
· New cases with web-based references, including Muslim Cola (Chapter 6), Bollywood (Chapter 8), BrandUSA: Selling Uncle Sam Like Uncle Ben’s? (Chapter 14) and more!
To access the robust web materials go to: www.booksites.net/usunier.
Jean-Claude Usunier is a professor of Marketing and International Business at the University of Lausanne – Graduate School of Commerce (HEC) and at the University Louis-Pasteur (Strasbourg, France).
Julie Lee is a Senior Lecturer in Marketing at the Graduate School of Management, University of Western Australia.
About the Author
Jean-Claude Usunier, Professor of Marketing at HEC, Lausanne, Switzerland
Julie Ann Lee, Associate Professor at The University of Western Australia--This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Top Customer Reviews
And I never got an answer to my request via Email as well... So that was just a really poor "service".
I won't bye here again.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Cheap though, and I just needed it for a class ...whatever...
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > International
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Brands & Corporate Identity
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > International