- Buy this product and get 90 days free of Amazon Music Unlimited After your purchase, you will receive an email with further information of how to enjoy 90 days of free Amazon Music Unlimited. Terms and Conditions apply.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe [Switch Download Code]
|Price includes VAT if applicable|
- The Mario Kart you know and love, with many new features; Enjoy Mario Kart alone or with friends, anytime, anywhere, with anyone; Supports 2 players in Handheld mode, 4 players on one TV and 12-player online
- 5 exclusive new characters join the tournament, including Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl! 4 exclusive new multiplayer Battle Modes including Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast! 48 Tracks! 40+ Racers! It's the biggest Mario Kart roster ever! All downloadable content from the Wii U version included as standard!
- New 'Double Item' feature allows you to hold 2 items at once!
- All-new Smart Steering mode allows beginners to enjoy racing immediately!
- Compatible with the Nintendo Switch only
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
- Platform: Nintendo Switch
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Software Download
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Platform: Nintendo Switch | Edition: Game only | Format: Online Game Code
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Classic Mario Kart action, anywhere, anytime!
With Nintendo Switch, fans can enjoy the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 anywhere, anytime, even with up to 8 friends in local wireless multiplayer.
Bursting with your favourite characters and tracks!
Includes all 16 DLC tracks and all 36 characters from the Wii U version with new characters joining the roster, too: Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl from Splatoon, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.!
Battle Mode makes a welcomed return
All your favourite tracks and characters return from the Wii U version, plus, Battle Mode has been revamped.
- Revamped Battle mode, complete with Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast.
- Play on the go with handheld mode and play anytime, anywhere.
- New courses, characters and vehicles!
- Carry two items at the same time.
- Enjoy full HD, 1080p visuals in TV-mode.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's not just the same game as before. The visuals are sharper, and the frame rate is better (see my screenshot). The controllers work well with the game, even in tabletop mode where two players each have 1 joycon.
The best thing about this version is the updated online modes and battle options. The online battle games are probably the most fun thing about it now. If you have a switch but don't have this game, then you're missing out.
Definitely recommended for those who missed out on the Wii U version, and for fans of Mario Kart and fun kart racers overall!
That is, until you realise that most people never actually played it. As much as I personally loved the WiiU, the public on the whole didn't get it as a console and just said no thanks and moved to the Xbox 360.
In short, if you are own a switch and didn't have a WiiU - Mario Kart 8 is an essential a purchase as Breath of the Wild. If you are a dyed in the wool Nintendo-person, tread carefully and know what to expect - Fresh meat online.
This game is amazing! You can have multiple players on one system, you can take it portably and race against your friends on the go! Friendly competition everywhere you go!
The kids and adults love this game.
Such nostalgia with being able to play old tracks with new graphics.
This is probably the best game i have bought for the Switch.
Good old style gaming where you gain upgrades by playing and earning points.