Customer reviews

on 25 May 2016
I just feel the need to clear up what another reviewer stated when in their
review they said there were only 3 courses. There are 3 (18 hole) courses
in a short-ish career mode (6-7 hours approximately) however outside of that
there are 6 additional courses of 9 holes each.

Whilst I'd argue that those 6 additional courses should really be 18 holes
each there are still 108 holes to play in total in over 4 gameplay modes,
those being stroke play, match play, speed golf and point play as well as
a very good range of specific challenges.

There is no withheld content. There is a season pass available for £13.49
(or £5 for 2 courses) for 6 more courses that have been taken and upgraded
from previous Mario Golf games each containing 18 holes each should you
choose to download them. Regarding SD card space you'll need around 1500
blocks free to download them all.

I feel it does help that at the time of purchase this game was only £13.99 new
and is extremely good value for money content-wise.

Hope this helps.
on 12 March 2017
Addictive game, fantastic for killing time waiting around, and offers a great way into those awkward social encounters when you start celebrating something only you can see ...
on 14 April 2017
Brilliant little game. My son absolutely loves it and it keeps him entertained for hours!
on 24 June 2017
Great game !
on 26 November 2016
To start with, I love my 3DS. I love Mario. And I love Nintendo. However, I really do not understand this game. I have never been the biggest golf fan to be fair. I am not clear on the rules, nor am I all that interested. However, Nintendo manage to take sports and put their own twist on them to make them accesible to a wide demographic. Take Mario Kart. Racing is a bit of a niche genre for gamers and tends to focus around what cars are available or the feeling of racing around the worlds most famous circuits. Mario on the other hand has you tossing shells at Nintendo mascots and boosting around tracks with names like 'Moo Moo Meadows'. It is quite a twist, but it 100% works and if Nintendo was available on multi platforms, you could almost gurantee that these games would be a staple in most homes.

Mario Golf on the other hand, lacks this creative flair. I found myself tapping A to start a power meter, then A again to hit the ball. Then again, then again. Am I missing somethimg? I can see that there are customisation options, and small touches that add the charm we know and love. But the bread and butter of the game is very much 'tap A to...' Visually, the game is fantastic. The classic Mario art direction is here and the 3D is put to excellent use. This also applies to the sound too. I just find the whole package lacking though.

I had Mario Golf on the Gamecube, so I was super excited for this. But what is offered here, is merely a golf sim with a Mario coat of paint. If you are partial to a spot of golf and love Mario (who doesn't?!), then you will probably love this game. If, like me, you love Mario and aren't so much of a golf fan. It may be wise to give this one a miss.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 May 2015
I recently got back into gaming on my phone, but I got fed-up with all the in-app purchases.

So, I decided to buy a 3DS. I had a DS several years ago, and I loved it. With DS games, you bought a game, then enjoyed it to your heart's content. No extra money to spend inside the game.

MarioGolf was the first new game I bought for my 3DS. The gameplay is good. It's not nearly on a par with MarioKart, or many other Nintendo games I've enjoyed over the years. It's okay, and it might even be worth the money. But, and it's a huge BUT...

You're asked to pay an extra £15 to purchase the full game. That's after you've actually bought the game.

Mario Golf World Tour comes with three main courses included.

The full game features nine main courses. Where do you get the six extra courses? You have to pay £15 for them. This came as a complete surprise to me.

Effectively, all you're paying for is a demo.

When I pay £20+ for a game, I expect a full game. I do not expect to be asked to pay close to £15 extra to actually play the full game. I'm severely disappointed.
on 31 August 2016
Bought this for my 11 year old daughter, but she never really got into it. Really a boy/mans present
on 11 August 2017
Terrible.
on 3 May 2014
first of let me say im not usually a fan of golf games in general, but tried the demo and took a chance. and i am glad i did, this game is full of the charm you would expect from nintendo and it is a great deal of fun.
easy to pick but hard to master, there is alot to do within the game, the challenges and championships not too mention the online tournaments which come in a variety of courses and skills. some tournaments created by popular websits such as nintendolife and ign.
if this game isnt on your buy list i would say that you need to rethink that and take a chance.
on 25 September 2016
Great game and really awesome to play. But can get quite hard as you progress on.