- Explore our full range of fitness gear and clothing in the Fitness Store.
- Also check our best rated Gym Equipment reviews
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
Marcy MWB1282 Platinum Smith Machine Home Gym with Weight Bench
|You Save:||£132.16 (18%)|
- Smith press bar: Ultra-glide bushings for friction-less lifting and nine hooks; safety stops: Position to stop the Smith press lowering
- Commercial grade bench: Adjusts to decline, flat, incline and upright angles, secure saw-tooth locking system and quick foot pedal
- High and low pulley systems with lat bar, straight bar, d-handle and ankle strap; bench attachments: Bio-mechanically friendly leg curl
- Maximum user's weight: 300 lbs/136 kg/21.4 stone; maximum weight on Smith press: 300 lbs/136 kg; maximum weight on cables: 300 lbs/136 kg
- Assembled dimensions (bench and cage): Height: 216 cm/85 inch x width (includes Smith press): 208 cm/82 inch x depth (includes bench): 201 cm/79 inch
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
An all-in-one attack, the MWB1282 is your mid-range home gym that screams versatility. Pick out any muscle you want to train and this can do it, with not just one but several highly effective exercises. If you want to train a different muscle each day this is ideal, it can seamlessly interchange between the smith press, bench and cables for circuit style training too.
Smith machines are the safest alternative to a barbell for home-alone weight training and with a substantial 135 kg capacity there's plenty of scope for development. A high commercial grade bench can be used in conjunction or stand-alone to the whole rig, with a quick release pedal you can angle the pad from upright to decline in seconds. And not forgetting the high and low pulley stations with a range of attachments included, just to throw an alternative style of resistance training into the mix.
Key Product Specifications- Framework: 14 gauge 9 x 9 cm round and 4 x 7.5 cm tubular solid steel framework
- Upholstery: 2.5 inch thick box stitched padded upholstery
- Paint finish: Power coated chip resistant finish
- Guide rods: Hollow steel 1 inch (25 mm) diameter for consistent smith bar tracking
- Cables: 2000 lb tensile strength aircraft cables for long lasting use
- Pulleys: 4 inch nylon pulleys with sealed ball bearings for ultra-glide feel
- Approximate self-assembly time: 5-7 hours, two people recommended for early stages (assembly guide, illustrations, basic tools included)
This gym has been manufactured to comply with the EN-957 global safety standards, the design has been tested for weight loading, pinch points, shear hazards, pull in and trapping hazards and similar hazards, which can arise during use of fitness equipment.
From the manufacturer
The MWB1282 is your mid-range home gym that screams versatility, with 135kg capacity there's plenty of scope for development.
The cable system uses 2000lb tensile strength aircraft cables for long lasting use and safer training.
The superior commercial grade bench can be used in conjunction or stand-alone to the whole rig, adjusting from upright right down to decline.
(Weight plates sold separately).
Supplied with a Bio-mechanically friendly leg developer with high density soft foam rollers.
(Arm curl pad unavailable).
Stand Alone Weight Bench
The MWB1282 Home Gym comes with a superior bench which adjusts to decline, flat, multiple incline and upright angles using a secure saw-tooth locking system with quick release foot pedal adjustment in seconds. Fitted with transport wheels at rear of bench with carry handle at the front to easily move out the cage.
Chest & Shoulders.
Incline, Flat & Decline Smith Press, Single-Arm Crossover, Pullover, Shoulder Press, Front Raises, Rear Flyes, Side Lateral Raises, Face Pulls.
Back, Biceps and Triceps.
Lat Pulldown, Bent Over Row, Seated Row, Single-Arm Row, Cable Bicep Curls, High Cable Curls, Close Grip Press, Tricep Pushdown, Kickbacks, Tricep Extensions.
Legs and Abs.
Lat Pulldown, Bent Over Row, Seated Row, Single-Arm Row, Cable Crunches, Cable Woodchops, Decline Crunches, Oblique Side Raises.
Gym Attachments Included:
- Multi-grip lat bar with foam hand grips
- Revolving short straight bar with foam hand grips
- Single d-handle with foam hand grip
- Ankle strap with Velcro attachment and foam inner for comfort
- Locking Clips: Olympic locking clips included
- Exercise Chart
Marcy is a range designed and manufactured by the global brand, Impex Fitness. Marcy's designed to bring hard and heavy use equipment into the home with a commercial feel, but it can be used by anyone that’s searching for true premium home gym equipment.
At a glance, Impex is one of the leading innovators in today’s health and fitness marketplace; manufacturing strength and aerobic equipment. Founded in 1982, Impex quickly established a strong global presence as a manufacturer of products for many well-known fitness equipment companies. Impex attributes its success largely due to their commitment to provide excellent customer service, offering our customers innovative, high quality products,
This bench has been manufactured to comply with the EN-957 global safety standards, the design has been tested for weight loading, pinch points, shear hazards, pull in and trapping hazards and similar hazards, which can arise during use of fitness equipment.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As a regular gym user for the last 3 years and using the Smith machine at the gym, I knew what I was looking for. Stopped going to the Gym as was getting too busy at the times I liked to go so built my own gym at home.
The Marcy Platinum Smith is a good buy, solid build and easy movement from bushes on the poles for bench press, squats, etc. Needs to "settle" in before it operates smoothly though but this doent take long, a few weeks constant use and it will work smoothly.
More than enough weight for me, 140KG on the bar.
Low and High pulley operates smoothly allowing various exercises to be done with confidence.
Removable bench is a must and this one is not brilliant but ok.
All in all, I'm still happy with the purchase and it does the job.