- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Marchand and Burch Chardonnay 2010 75 cl
|Price:||£45.61 (£45.61 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- This sophisticated wine is made from 100% top quality Chardonnay grapes and would be a perfect match for roast chicken and game.
- On the nose, a mix of cashew, grapefruit and lemon blossom. The palate structure is fine and graceful with great oak integration, generous mouth feel and great length.
- "The Marchand & Burch label is collaboration between Howard Park's owners Jeff & Amy Burch and Burgundy's Pascal Marchand. Sure enough, this Chardonnay is quite different from the Howard Park pair. Less pacy, more rolling, it's not in such a hurry to make an impact, which lends it a fluid, seamless quality where fruit (fleshy and fresh white peach) and oak are beautifully integrated. Very well balanced, this is a long-limbed, slow burn Chardonnay which washes over you. Very good". Sarah Ahmed, www.thewinedetective.co.uk.
Customers Also Shopped For
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
The Marchand and Burch wines are some of the most exciting we have tasted from Australia in a long time. The project is the result of a long standing friendship between Jeff Burch, owner of Howard Park, and Pascal Marchand, who was previously head winemaker at Domaine Comte Armand and Domaine de la Vougeraie in Burgundy. This talented team has a simple game plan; Jeff sources cool climate vineyards in the Great Southern and Pascal makes the wines exactly as he would do back on the Cote d'Or. The result is wines which combine the purity and freshness found in grapes from Western Australia with elegance and finesse often found in Burgundy. The quality was recently acknowledged by James Halliday in his Australian Wine Companion, when he rated the 2007 Chardonnay at 97pts, the equal highest rating for any Aussie Chardonnay