March Hares and Monkeys' Uncles Hardcover – 1 Sep 2005
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Writer and editor Harry Oliver's passion for language began when he discovered Roald Dahl during a rainy summer school holiday. His love affair with the English language led him to study Literature the University of London where he attained his degree. On leaving he entered the world of publishing. Author of two other books, he lives and works in London.
Top customer reviews
If you are unable to work out for yourself that the phrase "Mission Impossible" comes from the TV series of the same name, then this is the book for you.
Other phrases are not particularly well-researched and the author seems to have plumped for the obvious meanings rather than looked at the origins in any depth.
I have given the book one star for it's presentation - nice cover, but don't judge the book by it. (Can anyone tell me the origin of that phrase - it's so obvious I'm suprised it's not in Mr. Oliver's book).
He absolutely loved it and learnt so much from it!!
Strongly recommend it as a way great way to get kids reading!
Will probably get him another book by the same author for Xmas
Rick of Droylsden
3rd December 2013
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Reference & Price Guides
- Books > Humour > Collections & Anthologies
- Books > Humour > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Humour > Jokes & Riddles
- Books > Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauri > Quotations
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Reference > Language > Grammar, Structure & Syntax
- Books > Reference > Language > Slang & Jargon
- Books > Reference > Quotations