- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Marc Pease Experience [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Marc Pease (Jason Schwartzman) and his a cappela group Meridian 8 are about to hit the big time. Undeterred by the fact that Meridian 8 by now only consist of 4 members, Marc Pease is convinced he can land a record deal. He only needs his old music teacher Mr. Gribble (Ben Stiller) to help them one last time... But even his supportive girlfriend Meg (Anna Kendrick) has her doubts as she knows Marc s dark secret: he ruined Mr. Gribble s most ambitious production 8 years ago....
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
The Marc Pease experience is largely a musical feature, the songs are well written and sung by the capable cast (most surprising is Anna Kendrick's note-perfect singing voice) and it's always a high-school-musical feeling number. At several points in the film I got annoyed with Jason Schwartzmann's irrational delusions of grandeur as it felt two-dimensional and frustrating. Ben Stiller's character is disgustingly saccharine for the most part but has a very nasty side to him and this is the only acting present in the whole film as most of the cast seem to be content playing cardboard cutouts.
There isn't really much of a message in the film and the ending left me feeling indifferent as I had nothing in common with the protagonist (something 99.9% of viewers will feel) and resultantly it was very difficult to empathise with Marc Pease. Light on laughs and story, you may enjoy this for the musical aspect, but little else.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?