on 5 November 2012
as a dedicated walker and outdoors person, I have to say that for the price this stand alone map system is very good.
the functionality is smooth and slick and the maps are well up to date. I have never had it crash or freeze on me and I do use it often. They have just worked a "track up" function with the last update which gets it another star from me and makes the experience as good as any Garmin hand held that I have used over the years. the only fault is the lack of ability to put in your own way points, as it is you can only put waypoints in by using the search function and this will only find adresses. this may seem like a small niggle but it means you cant pick a point on the map that you want to walk to if you are in the countryside for example.

on the whole very good and would recommend.
on 8 December 2012
It's free and it works! Nothing spectacular but it does the job. This version is map only (no satellite view and no GPS that I've yet discovered) but that's OK for a dead-easy to use mobile map. Very intuitive and, as far as I can tell, accurate. A bargain at the price!
on 7 February 2013
Disappointed with this app as I've found that trying to locate places is a time-consuming ordeal. This is the freebie version and it does state that there isn't a "look-up location finder" so maybe the paid for version would have suited me better. I can find my own road but unless you know a lot about the local roads you're looking for in an area then it's a very long hit and miss process. As I say, they do pre-warn you that there's no look-up feature so as long as you know what you're looking for you'll be ok.
on 8 January 2013
The maps are up to date. I am looking forward to using this app on holiday (The Balarics). Handy app for any town and as I dont drive and dont have a sat nav this is just as good.
on 1 March 2013
A great solution when not able to connect to wifi. I've used it in the UK and in Europe. Originaly had the free version, but upgraded to the paid for version that included the useful search facility. Good basic indicator for points of interest and other landmarks such as hotels, shops, historic buildings.
on 5 December 2012
Not to be used as a sat nav device, but very handy to have in an unformiliar town centre. Good zoom
on 6 July 2014
I read the write up about this app and thought it would be OK to download to Kindle before my next holiday. Saves all those maps and atlas things that are often out of date. So it was free!! Yes, but what a to-do to find the simplest thing. OK if you need USA maps, but for the UK it was messy, couldn't even find my home town. The scroller was a bit hit and miss to say the least, chequerboard effect screen and maybe, just maybe, it would load a map. I am new to this apps thing, but I did expect better. So I did the decent thing and deleted it!! I have other 'map apps' on Kindle and mobile phone that work just fine, but for me this was a nightmare. Given 3* as other users might find it suits them, but sorry, not for me.
on 3 February 2013
very quick, very clear. very detailed so I bought the pro version 10/10. very very pleased with its functionality n
on 14 January 2014
Download the country you're visiting beforehand and you have a full map that doesn't require Wi-Fi.

You need to have a rough idea of where you'r going as the lite version doesn't allow you to search or bookmark places.
on 12 December 2013
In regular use as I an a travel buff....I do like to check out areas to visit and this item offers me more info prior to visit - back from US and off to New Z eland next you - a useful product for my planning.
Excellent choice.