on 25 April 2010
I love that this workbook covers neighborhood geography (ex: recognizing landmarks), map reading (ex: symbols, directions), and globes (ex: continents, poles), but the organization was frustrating. It jumps back and forth between the topics. I would have preferred to start with globes, and then maps...preferably in world, country, state, city, street order...general to detailed. Also, it was nice to have perforated pages, but the last page of one section often had the first page of the next section on the other side, so my idea to pull out pages in the order I wanted to teach the topics didn't work so well.

This was a great addition to the geography section in What Your Kindergartner Needs to Know (Core Knowledge Series), and I even printed some satellite photos of our neighborhood from Mapquest to show how the info could be applied to our area.

I will definitely be using Scholastic Success With Maps Workbook Grade 2 next.