- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Butterworth-Heinemann; 3 edition (12 Jan. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0750689854
- ISBN-13: 978-0750689854
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 1.8 x 28 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
657,688 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #107 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design > Engineering Graphics & Technical Drawing
- #1578 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- #1579 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- See Complete Table of Contents
Manual of Engineering Drawing: Technical Product Specification and Documentation to British and International Standards Paperback – 9 Apr 2009
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This book has been produced in an easy to understand way. The text and diagrams are clear and well laid out. I have found that it has details on a whole range of subjects, from basics to the more advanced. The topics cover a wide range of areas in engineering and similar disciplines so making this good value for money. (...)
This book would be a great addition to resources of any department which uses technical drawings. (...)
I would recommend this book to all who are studying engineering at whichever level.
-- Richard Croydon, Engineering Lecturer
About the Author
Colin H. Simmons is an international engineering standards consultant and a member of numerous BSI and ISO committees dealing with technical product documentation and specifications. He is a former practising mechanical design engineer and author of many publications on engineering drawing, product specification and standards.
Dennis E. Maguire was a design engineer and senior lecturer at Southall College, UK.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I thought I would edit my review in case it would prevent anyone else purchasing it. I've not had a proper read through it because it is no longer relevant for me, for that reason I'm not really reviewing the content as much I would have done. But from a quick glance it does look promising. It contains around 36 chapters ranging from 'Drawing office management' to 'Drawing Standards' to constructing ellipses, arcs, etc. So for that reason I've since changed my rating from 2 to 4 stars.
There is so much more to this book than detailed above but im tired and its time to go to bed.
If you are a draughtsman - buy this book!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent text book of engineering drawing and gives insight into limits and fits, geometric tolerancing etc. Good starter book for any engineer or draughtsman.Published on 1 Jan. 2014 by joe99
A great book for learning ISO drawing standards. Includes all standards and best practice methods, detailed in sections and with full sample drawings.Published on 29 Dec. 2010 by Nick
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design > Engineering Graphics & Technical Drawing
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Engineering Skills & Design