Customer reviews

Mantona Premium Camera Bag
Style: camera case|Colour: Black|Change

on 26 April 2017
This camera is overall pretty good.

The main compartment comes with 2 velcro attaching dividers so you can, within reason, choose how much space you want for each segment. I chose to remove one completely and leave the other with about a third of the space. I keep my Pentax K-70 with 50mm prime lens attached inside, with a 55-300mm in the next segment. It is not a particularly tight squeeze but you do have to place the camera a certain way. It does also fit the other way around but I prefer it like this.

The multiple compartments are all very convenient for storing the bits and pieces that you might need when you are out and about.

I've taken this bag out with me on climbing trips and it is robust and well padded, with two rubber bars on the underside, so the bag is actually lifted off of the ground when you put it down. It is robust and I do not worry about knocking it around since the tough padding keeps my camera relative safe and away from the elements. I've not been caught in an all out storm but I have braved sleet and showers, the bag performed admirably and kept the inside dry.

I think for the price, you'd be pressed to find something as well rounded as this bag and I expect it will last me many years.
on 29 October 2017
Bit larger than I had anticipated, but very smart and lots of room.
on 10 September 2017
Good case and very functional, lots of compartments.
on 12 April 2017
This is a great product the only flaw being that it is rather big and so when travelling it can be a bit difficult to pack
on 16 April 2015
A warning to others. Be very careful about reviews. I should have checked to see if my camera was listed along with the lenses I have with any of the reviews.
I have a Nikon D5200, 18 - 55 standard lens and 55 -300 Telephoto. No matter how I try and put it in the bag with either lens on or off there is no way it will fit. Even to the point of taking out both pads, it still will not go in.
I cannot be bothered to return it. I have a friend who has a Nikon Coolpix camera, so it will hold that comfortably.
In future I will do research with shops in the high street for items before purchasing them online.
Although the bag is small, it is very well made and the padding seems to be very firm.

An update: After moving everything around. IE Put the camera sideways facing down and the large zoom lens to the far side. I managed to get it all in. However, it has meant that there is no space for anything else, def. not the charger as the pockets are on the small sie too.The side pockets are really only practical for SD cards and the Nikon Battery. IO had an old SLR case and I thought that was too small, the case from Mantona is smaller than that!!!
As there are differences between sizes of DSLR cameras and their lenses. It is very hard to judge how everything would fit in a camera bag if you do not have it psyhically in front of you. All you can go by, is if someone has reviewed the product that has the same equipment as yourself. So, if you have the same as me, then be warned... It is a very snug fit. I want to get a new flash for this camera, but there is no way of it going in this case. So I wil have to invest in a backpack style bag, as they seem to be a lot bigger and easier to organise without having to play tetris with a DSLR.
on 22 March 2013
I recently bought a Canon 600D two-lens kit and was looking around for a bag for it. The Mantona seemed to fit the bill and at a reasonable price. First impressions are good, the outer material is good quality and well stitched together. Not sure if it's fully waterproof, but it looks as though it'll cope with the average shower of rain. The main compartment has extra protection in the form of a vinyl drawstring cover for camera and spare lens. The main compartment itself is a perfect fit for the camera (with 18-55mm lens fitted) and one zoom lens (55-250mm). The nicely padded dividers are a bit tricky to move around as the velcro tends to grab the inside of the bag, but once you've got them positioned they're very secure and keep things stable and protected. Plenty of extra space and zipped mesh pockets for bits and pieces. The strap is nice and wide, seems quite strong and the metal spring clips are good and sturdy. There is plenty adjustment for strap length and once on the shoulder the bag itself doesn't feel too bulky or obtrusive. There is also a small handle on the top of the bag if you don't want to use the strap.
Overall a decent bit of kit, I've only given a 4-star rating because I can't vouch for its wear and tear ability having only just got it. Good value and perfect for my needs.
on 28 June 2012
An excellent bag that is just (snug) big enough to contain a Nikon D5000 and a spare lens plus odd bits and pieces. The bag looks well made with quality materials. Happy!
on 31 August 2016
I do not like it one bit. It is not very well laid out to fit my gear. My kit fits in the main part of the bag and you can squeeze a lens in but not going to fit any more that that. I've also left it a day too late to return it which sucks ass.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 28 March 2016
I originally awarded 4 stars but have reduced this to 3 after discovering a design flaw - see update at the end.

I bought this case to use with either a Canon SX60HS or a Lumix FZ330 . As both are bridge cameras I don't need to carry extra lenses but I do use it to carry a few filters; a remote control and lead; spare batteries and my old and much-loved Weston V lightmeter ***.

As far as I can tell, the case would cope with a camera and additional lens but I can't vouch for whether it would cope with a camera with lens attached AND another additional lens --- I'll leave other reviewers to comment on that. As I prefer bridge cameras, I only need a case that can safely hold the camera and any associated gear that I need to carry.

I've tried several makes and types of camera bag/case but this one suits my needs most usefully. Previously I used a CCS case which has been excellent but only had one additional pocket. I refer a clip to a zip, so that was ideal at the time. The Mantona case has both a zip and clip option for the top. I'm not quite sure why because the clip strap works perfectly and when closed, it covers the case very well. To leave the strap clicked so as to just use the zipped top doesn't really add much in the way of convenience - but it's there if you want it.

The bag is well made and very well designed with many very accessible pockets and pouches. The one feature that LOOKS to be very useful is the internal drawstrung weather cover. What I've found is that when you pull it upwards to access your camera, it becomes quite intrusive and can get in your way. It also makes the interior of the case almost totally black. If you have anything else that's small inside the main part of the case, it becomes almost impossible to see. However - if you want that added protection it's there. Also, I've found that if I open the cover to its full extent, you can fold it down inside the case and still have enough of the sides available for attaching any dividers using the Velcro system. Also, of course, there are those pockets ad pouches, so despite my slightly negative observations, the drawstrung cover is not really too much of a problem and, who knows, one day it might save your gear.

It would have been better if the inside of the case had been grey or coloured to obviate that difficulty in seeing to the bottom of the main section.

The strap is of the removable clip-on type so if you don't like it (as one reviewer didn't), you can change it. Some cases have their straps stitched into the body which stops you making any changes.

I also like the two rigid ridges on the underside of the case which makes it very stable if you choose to put it down. The carrying handle is also well-placed without being intrusive on the very top of the case. Stitching is strong in all areas and padding is more than edequate.

So ... 4 stars or 5? For me it would be 4.5 to allow for my own personal foibles and niggles, but for many it would be worthy of 5 stars.
It's a good case as long as you don't want to lug around a lot of gear. For bridge cameras it's spot on but as I said at the outset, I've not needed to test it with an additional lens, so can't comment on that aspect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE April 2016

After using the bag for awhile I've found that the shaped top (lid) starts to deform and sometimes closes with one of the flaps going inside the main case. If you look at he photos of the clased case, you'll see how the shaped top works. The sides are meant to be rigid but they still deform. At worst - in rain this is a real problem. At best - it's a pain to have to open the case, and pull the flap back into position. This flaw is truly annoying and is why I've reduced my rating to 3 stars.

*** So why, with cameras that can do everything for you in the way of settings, do I still carry a Weston lightmeter? - Simply because I learned to use and trust it back in the 70's when I bought it when I had my first 'real' camera (Pentax S1a). I have continued to use it ever since. and I still enjoy using it to work out all the settings for myself, so every so often I like to challenge myself to do just that. I find it makes me think more about any special photographs I want to take, and it pulls me back from always clicking away merrily and getting into that 'point and lick mode'. One of the side pockets on the Mantona case is perfect for holding the Weston & Invercone.
on 6 March 2012
The Mantona Premium bag is good quality,strong and also a smart looking bag, it has plenty of protection for your camera it's well padded and has an additional internal protective rain/dust cover. There is plenty of space in the main compartment of the bag - I got my Fuji HS10 with camera hood and strap attatched inside and there was still room for some smaller bits of kit, the 3 external zipped pockets caters for my other accessories (spare batteries,lenses,cleaning kit,SD cards etc). The Premium bag has a quick access top cover to get to your camera which is great, the bag comes with 2 velcroed internal dividers,a carrying handle and a comfortable shoulder strap. I'm very pleased with this bag and would recommend it.