Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£12.09

on 16 April 2016
As advertised
on 30 May 2012
A really great reference book as I am a beginner and it explains the basic principles of what makes some thing "Chibi".
Talked about the body scales and ratios and even how to insert Chibi scenes into normal comic strips or how to make full chibi comic strips.
Not to much enthuses on the comic aspects which i liked as I do not plan to do any comics but I liked the scene set up ideas and different styles it offered.

It touched on mini monsters and animals as well which I thought was a really nice addition to the book.

I found it really helpful and I am constantly using it to improve my art.
on 6 April 2017
Disappointed. Very basic. Doesn't teach you much in the way of drawing like the pictures shown.
on 3 February 2011
Okay, so I LOVE Chibi style manga, and no matter however good-or however bad-you are at it, this is for you.
Since I'm inside the U.K. I chose 'Super Saver' Delivery, and ordered on the 29th of January 2011. It arrived on the 2nd of February.
Two days before it was due.
This is so good, I can't describe it...I'm so happy with it!!!
Over 100 pages of pure awesomeness, 'Manga for the Beginner: Chibis' makes a perfect gift for yourself, your friend. Scratch that, a perfect book for EVERYONE! If there are any negative reviews, mark them as NOT HELPFUL, because they are big fat LIARS.
1,000,000,00 STARS!!!
on 24 August 2011
This book is amazing! There is every type of chibi you could hope for! I started drawing straight away. The book ranges from shounen (action style) to chibi animals! It's awesome! A good buy, well worth the money! Easy to follow instructions, good results, children and adults can do this!! :D <3
on 28 January 2012
I bought this for my 9 year old daughter for Christmas.. this is the second book by Christopher Hart she has. I bought her the beginners manga one last year as she has a huge interest in japanese and manga art and drawing.. since purchasing these books her drawing skills and style are improving and she loves to draw this style even more. She has a huge interest in the chibi type characters, so she really loves this book especially the animals.
on 9 January 2011
Excellent book that I bought for my 11 daughter for Christmas. She was really pleased with it and started drawing on Christmas day. I would thoroughly recomend this as an introduction.
on 1 January 2013
If you're looking a decent starter book to teach you to draw Manga Esque, then look no further. Was detailed, colourful and helpful. So easy to follow in fact, that even my stick men drawings took on a very chibis style in no time at all. Only down side was that it could have been fuller. The examples it gave were great, but I would have liked more. But I could be being fussy!
VINE VOICEon 20 November 2015
I got this for my 10 year old daughter along with the Kawaii book from the same author and she hardly ever parts with them.
Lots of useful info and cute drawing ideas... Even though it is paper back edition it would make perfect gift, just add some drawing accessories: fineliners, pencils and crayons.
on 26 September 2011
I got this as I wanted to learn how to draw these cute little characters. It has been over two weeks now and I can see the improvement in my drawing. The book is really helpful and there's plenty of tips and examples to help you find your own way to personalise your drawings. So far so good, I love it!