- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: Exempt
- Studio: 4Digital Media
- DVD Release Date: 27 Aug. 2012
- Run Time: 60 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 18 customer reviews
- ASIN: B00863G0NE
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 70,935 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
The Manchester United Big Match
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Back in the days of power cuts and perms, the only way football fans could see the stars of the day on TV was through programmes like Saturday night's Match of the Day and The Big Match on Sunday afternoon.
Manchester United were one of the must-see teams in the 1970s, even though it was a period of transition for the club with Matt Busby standing down as manager and the 'holy trinity' of George Best, Bobby Charlton and Denis Law in their twilight years. The Manchester United Big Match features a number of great games from the period, including a memorable 5-3 away win at Crystal Palace in 1971 and a Sammy McIlroy hat-trick inspired 5-0 thrashing of Wolves in 1981.
This DVD relives an era which has taken on legendary status.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This was not the greatest period in United's great history, but it would be hard to rival it for stylish kits, devil may care attacking football on unconducive pitches and noisy crowds creating a real atmosphere.
If you love United buy it, if you loved the Seventies, buy it and if you have been brought up in the era of the overblown and over hyped Premier League, buy it and see how football used to be in a more honest and respectable time that was astonishiongly only three decades ago.
Most recent customer reviews