- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1121 KB
- Print Length: 231 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BNVLQZ8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 19 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #391,284 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Manannan's Magic (Manannan Trilogy Book 1) Kindle Edition
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I actually read this book word-for-word. It's pretty typical for me to skip paragraphs here and there, but in this case I didn't, even at the end. I didn't want to miss the vital little clues hidden in the rich descriptions, and I really enjoyed the style.
There's not a huge amount of action, but things pick up in the second half. The ending is realistic, if not high on the happy scale. It left me wondering about the lives of some of the characters, curious to find out more. Fortunately, it looks like there's more to this series, so I can satisfy my curiosity!
Simply put, I loved this book! Thank you, Ms. McGrath for writing it. I did some research after reading it, and apparently "McLir," or "Manannan," is a pretty famous figure on the Isle of Man. This telling is an origin story and is filled with romance, adventure, ships, and even a sword fight.
I highly recommend this book. If I could give this book more than five stars, I would, happily.
I received a complimentary copy of the book to review from the author. The opinions expressed are my own and I am not required to give a positive critique.
A man, Manonnan McLir comes from the sea with the mist and changes a village and one girl's life forever.
Renny lives in fear of her father, Oshin. Later we see what kind of despicable person this man truly is when he tries to sell her and schemes with a potential suitor to rape her so that she will be forced to marry him--a man she detests. Women in the village are second class citizens with no rights, no voice --this is not such a farfetched notion when one considers how women are treated in some Islamic countries. Manonnan comes to her rescue for the second time. He teaches her how to read and to write. He teaches her the healing powers of herbs and also how to see into the future. She loses her heart to Manannon but their love is a bittersweet one.
Most recent customer reviews
I'm afraid this may be damning with faint praise. The book was okay, nothing new was introduced over other similar books I have read in the genre and the characters did not have... Read morePublished on 8 Jun. 2014 by Martha
I liked the concept of the book but unfortunately it didn't live up to it. It lacked substance and the writing was not at all engagingPublished on 6 Jan. 2014 by Tsigana
Enjoyed the book. I forgot to take books on holiday so I downloaded this to my phone and I carried on reading when I got home. Good sign.Published on 12 Nov. 2013 by Bella
Well written character's in an entertaining tale
The story has a nice pace that shows the development of the main characters I would have liked more development of the... Read more
I found this book to be a captivating read. I do enjoy being immersed in and escaping to places and times gone by and Michele's narrative created an atmospheric backdrop in which... Read morePublished on 28 July 2013 by John C
A gripping tale set on the Isle of Man during the time of the Viking invasions, all overlaid with a hint of magic in the form of the central character, the mysterious healer,... Read morePublished on 27 Jun. 2013 by Simon
If you like historical romance which is historically accurate and well written, you need to read this book. Michele McGrath is a gifted writer. Her characters are well developed. Read morePublished on 21 Jun. 2013 by N. C. Schmidt
Gripping from the first sentence. Brilliantly written, the pictures Michele McGrath paints with her words are wonderful. If you like historical fantasies, this book is for you. Read morePublished on 17 Jun. 2013 by V26
A beautifully written story that takes you on an enchanting journey into a time forgotten. I am happy to have read it and highly recommend. A book for all!Published on 16 Jun. 2013 by Charlie
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Historical Romance > Viking
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery