Managing Bandwidth: Deploying QOS Across Enterprise Networks (Internet Infrastructure Series) Hardcover – 26 Jul 1999
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The definitive guide to policy-based IP traffic management shows you how to guarantee the performance of mission-critical Internet applications!
To build networks that support today's mission-critical applications without breaking the bank, it's no longer enough to simply add bandwidth. You must manage it more effectively, as well. Managing Bandwidth is the first complete guide to next-generation Quality of Service (QOS) techniques for cutting costs, enhancing performance, deploying next-generation applications, handling peak loads, and maximizing the value of your enterprise network. You'll understand and compare your latest QOS options, discover workarounds for the limitations of today's standards, plan your long-term bandwidth management strategy, and more:
- Understand various QOS approaches, including media prioritization and the Integrated Services and Differentiated Services models.
- Deploy load-balancing and caching alternatives that mitigate server load and increase end-to-end application performance.
- Compare the performance requirements of your applications: data, voice, video, and beyond.
- Implement policy systems and service level agreements for scalable distribution and tracking of QOS rules.
- Give "A-list" customers preferred access to Internet and network resources.
- Integrate QOS with enterprise directory services such as Directory-Enabled Networks and directory access protocols like LDAP.
- Monitor real-world network service levels in a QOS environment.
- Learn when to "throw bandwidth at the problem" instead of worrying about QoS.
You'll also find seven real-world case studies of bandwidth-managed networks, ranging from single-site small businesses to global financial institutions.
IP QOS is a vital component of a modern network. Managing Bandwidth gives you the critical information you need to start reaping its business benefits now-before your competitors do!
About the Author
Alistair Croll is President of NetShop, a consulting firm based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada specializing in directory-based networking, LDAP and virtual private networking technology. He was formerly a product engineer for 3Com Corporation.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Information Management
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering