- Amazon Student Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Managing Anger with CBT For Dummies Paperback – 30 Nov 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Cool down your angry thinking and manage your emotions
- Understand the consequences of angry behaviour
- Implement change for a happier, more balanced life
Don′t let anger rule your life – learn powerful, easy–to–use techniques for putting anger in its place
Do you worry that excessive or out–of–control anger is getting in the way of your happiness and success? Written by a Chartered Psychologist, this book arms you with a proven, NHS–approved Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) approach to nipping anger in the bud and getting on with your life. You′ll learn how to use focussed CBT techniques for understanding your anger and its sources, identifying ′trigger situations′ that lead to excessive or out–of–control anger, and for replacing angry, destructive patterns of thought and behaviour with positive, constructive ones.
- Understand what anger really is – get the lowdown on this very primal emotion and why you experience it, and learn the difference between useful anger and anger run wild
- Manage your anger – learn proven CBT techniques to help you become more aware of your negative angry behaviour, and enable you to make the changes you need for a happier life
- Keep your cool – get comfortable in your new skin, avoid falling back into your old, angry habits, and find out how to get support if you feel yourself slipping
Open the book and find:
- What CBT is and why it works
- How to be objective about your anger
- Guidance on identifying the situations that trigger anger
- Powerful techniques for reprogramming your angry thinking
- Tips for avoiding relapse
- Where to go for support
- How to deal with anger from other people
About the Author
Gill Bloxham is a Chartered Psychologist and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society. She teaches university courses to a variety of charity organisations, such as MIND, and to non–health agencies, including the police and local government.