- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Management Science in Practice Paperback – 29 Jun 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The Operational Research/Management Science profession is growing in strength worldwide. "Management Science in Practice" contains four similarly sized parts. Part 1 defines the field of Management Science, lays the foundations and gives an overview of the history. Part 2 describes the analysis toolbox used by the MS professional and contains topics such as Multi-Methodology, problem structuring techniques and analysis techniques. Part 3 looks at the key practical skills that OR graduates lack. Part 4 gives a brief overview of the current state of the OR profession. It outlines the current knowledge about the reflective practitioner to give guidance to the OR practitioner. It also looks at the ethics in an OR context and the future for the profession.Terry Williams is well known in the OR field and is currently a joint Editor of the "Journal of the Operational Research Society". He is a fellow of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA), fellow of the OR Society, a chartered Mathematician and a certified Project Management Professional.
From the Back Cover
As the business world becomes more competitive and multi-faceted, organizations need the support of effective and well-founded analysis more than ever. The profession of Management Science is growing worldwide and now could perhaps be said to underlie all other management disciplines. Meanwhile, the scope of situations analysed by the profession has broadened considerably to include more complex problems and to take account of the social, organizational and political 'soft' issues, as well as the 'hard' physical issues.
Management Science in Practice takes a fundamental look at what Management Science is and how it can be practiced in today's management environment. In doing so, Terry Williams:
- provides an underlying philosophy of how organizations operate and how analysts interact with organizations
- describes the analysis toolbox used by Management Science professionals.
- covers multi-methodology, problem structuring techniques and analysis techniques
- offers guidance about the practicalities of real-life consulting and focuses on the key practical skills needed.
Management Science in Practice is a valuable resource for Management Science and Operational Research students. It is also intended for practitioners who seek to make analytical interventions in business management or those undertaking continuous professional development.See all Product description