- Paperback: 704 pages
- Publisher: Financial Times/ Prentice Hall; 5 edition (30 Nov. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0273738968
- ISBN-13: 978-0273738961
- Product Dimensions: 19.7 x 2.7 x 26.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 290,369 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Management: An Introduction Paperback – 30 Nov 2010
|New from||Used from|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Management: An Introduction
David Boddy with Steve Paton
- What is management and how do ideas and theories of management apply to the real world?
- How is the environment of management changing, and what are the impacts of recent trends?
- What skills do managers require – and how can you develop them?
Management: An Introduction addresses these and many other questions by providing a comprehensive introduction to the themes and functions of management. Now in its fifth edition, this accessible and academically rigorous text brings the topic to life with a wide range of appealing and readily identifiable examples.
The valuable features of this book include:
- Case studies on a broad global range of organisations as diverse as Nokia, The Eden Project, Facebook, Apple and many more.
- Critical Reflection exercises throughout the text to encourage the application of personal experience and critical thinking.
- Skills Development Activities to build practical and work-based competences.
- Key Terms highlighted in the text and defined both at the margin and in a full Glossary.
<MyLab box – include MyManagementLab logo>
<strapline> Instant access to interactive learning
MyManagementLab from Pearson Education is an innovative and interactive online learning environment that combines assessment, reporting and personalised study to help you succeed. You'll benefit from a customised learning experience where you can generate a personal study plan, listen to audio summaries of the chapters in this textbook, revise using flashcards and short answer questions and watch online video case studies of management in practice in real organisations. Log in using the access card included when you buy a new copy of this textbook.
<MyLab box ends>
David Boddy is a Research Fellow at the School of Business and Management, University of Glasgow. He is the author of two other books published by Pearson Education: Managing Information Systems (2008) and Managing Projects (2002).
Steve Paton is Lecturer in Management at the University of Strathclyde Business School.
About the Author
David Boddy is a Research Fellow at the School of Business & Management, University of Glasgow. He is author of two other books published by Pearson Education: Managing Information Systems (2009) and Managing Projects (2002). Steve Paton is Lecturer in Management at the University of Strathclyde Business School.