VINE VOICEon 24 December 2011
Whilst it's small capacity and lack of hammer mean this isn't a do everything tool, it is surprisingly capable and makes quick work of drilling holes up to about 8mm and driving screws. Plus, it's light, very comfortable to hold, and I expect it will have the usual solid Makita build (I haven't worked it to death yet, but their stuff tends to be well made)

If you don't really want pink, the white one with an extra battery and occaisionally useful impact driver isn't much more expensive.
on 5 February 2014
This excellent product was bought for my wife. It is much lighter than the tools I use. It is also a real eye catcher and several lady friends have said that they would also like one. Maybe it was sad on my part but it has been a huge success!
on 28 October 2012
This drill/driver comes in a handy bag,it is very light compared to full sized versions. Can get into tighter spaces due to its compact size. The good build quality of this drill is very apparent. It has plenty of power for drilling, but needs charging sooner than larger drills, as is obvious by the smaller re-chargeable battery.Charges quickly, less than 2 hours. I would say that both men & women would find this drill ideal for the smaller drill/driving tasks around the home. The fact that £5.00 goes to breast cancer research,for each driil sold is good to know.
on 30 December 2012
As someone who loves most quirky items available in a pink colour I simply had to have this as soon as I saw it here on Amazon. Had it been a cheaper unbranded drill I may not have been so keen, but the Makita brand known for its quality reassured me that this should be a good product and I was not let down. Its a great little drill driver, ideal for any of those small household jobs. I've already used it to mount a television on the wall with no issues at all and in much less time than it would have taken with manual tools. Its incredibly easy to use, good and strong and with a handy LED light so you can see what you're doing. Overall a great product. I love it and would gladly reccommend to anyone. Also contributing to a great cause, so you can't go wrong really.
on 15 January 2014
I've always wanted one of these. Very strong, nicely weighted for those of us with smaller hands. Used it twice so far with ease.Neat fabric carrying case to keep secure and easy to locate. Reasonable price. Extremely useful gadget to have.
on 28 April 2013
Im a plumber and i bought this drill to take to work with me. I find it just as good or even better than any other bigger and much more bulky drill i've used. With the small size and very light weight it is extremely easy to get into those tight spaces. Even the men think its an excellent drill. Would recommend to anyone and what girl could refuse a pink drill?! i also really liked the fact that £5 goes to breast cancer care. Money well spent.
on 13 September 2013
Works well, but not to be considered for heavy-duty work, i.e. don't try and screw a 3-inch screw into a hardwood doorframe.
It's not as light as one would hope, but feels solid.
Things I noticed:
- The LED light is a bit of a gimmick.
- Torque settings seem weaker (i.e. I use setting '4' on my 14.4V Makita cordless, but I need '6' or '8' on this thing).
- It won't stand upright
If you're thinking about this for awkward spaces,then get a right-angle drill-driver.
I still like it and find it useful, but it has it's limitations.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2014
I wanted a drill for work, and as a female engineer pink tools are a godsend as men don't tend to nick them!!! Works very well and comes nicely packed. Would definitely recommend a spare battery as it doesn't last too long.
on 10 May 2012
I was given this drill along with an impact driver of the same size, by a relative as a 'thank-you' for a love job I did for them. It's a lot lighter than the kit I usually use, but I was pleased because a) it was a kindly gift b) it could come in very handy for that unexpected occassion. Both the batteries have packed up just outside the warranty, having hardly been used, and cost more than the complete set(including the case et) to replace.. I'm usually a big fan of Makita's li-ion stuff, but this just sucks.
on 13 February 2014
Very solid design and really powerfull.The size may fool you but believe me for its size it rocks.For house jobs,the perfect tool.