Customer reviews

The Making Of Pump [DVD] [1999]
Format: DVD|Change
Price:£12.30+ £1.26 shipping

on 6 January 2002
You either love Aerosmith or you hate them, and I love them! This DVD is a must have if you are a fan. I have to admit though as I am a bit dim, it took me a while to figure out that it was a two sided DVD and that I had to turn it over. But once I did, I was glued to the set until it finished. It shows sides of the band you don't usually get to see. It is great to see them in the studio putting their songs together, and seeing their personalities as they laugh and fight over music. I really enjoyed it and I am sure if you love the band, you will love this DVD. Enjoy, Danielle...
on 30 December 2000
What a classic, it begins with Steve and Joe arguing over piona pitches, so funny. This video explores aerosmith shortly after their come back album "permenant Vacation". The video follows the work on the "Pump" album, which in my opinion is their best. You have to get this video, if not only to see your favourite band, but also to watch five excellent musicians doing what they do best!!
on 4 December 2002
Pump is my favourite Aerosmith album of all time and sales suggest that millions of other people agree. I couldn't wait to finally sit down and watch what went into putting this collection of songs together but whilst the film is certainly interesting, it's not quite the mayhem-filled 2 hours you might have hoped Aerosmith to hit you with. There are without a doubt some great moments captured here but in my opinion it's all just a bit flat. The worst moments being the far-too-long individual interviews with each band member that seem to almost send each man to sleep - and yes, Steven Tyler is slightly more animated than the rest but even he's being conservative by his standards.
This DVD is only really for hard-core Aerosmith fans or people with a genuine interest into what goes into creating a classic album - creatively and technically. A good insight into the band in the studio but could have done with some harder, edgier jams of the classic tracks as well as some more hell-raising antics that we come to expect from the Greatest Rock n Roll Band in America
on 11 November 2015
Great documentary! Very interesting watch :)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse