on 14 January 2015
I liked this. It's aimed at 'creatives' (designers, artists and the like) - people who are excited by ideas and have energy to explore and create, but aren't always as disciplined as they could be at getting practical and organised to get things done. That said, my experience in many years of consulting has been that many people who don't label themselves as creative, still have the same struggle when they come up with a new idea which makes them slightly uncomfortable, so I'd say this is useful for anyone who has ideas they want to make happen if you can ignore some of the assumptions he makes about your career path.
on 28 January 2018
I started reading this author because I wanted to understand the behance platform....because the instructions are terrible. What I discovered was a great writer who based what he said in research. Recognised some of my own tendencies and shortfalls, and found something to do about them! Also explained my frustrations with structures, and again, how to address them.
on 15 April 2013
Good thought provoking read. I bought it mainly for more info on "The Action Method" way of getting things done. However the rest of the book also has some interesting gems hidden for the reader to dig out. I say that as at times the going can seem a little tough but it's well worth the effort.
on 27 January 2013
I didn't find this book was trying to sell the Behance Network Action Plan Method. A few chapters highlighted it and gave a convincing argument why it works. Thought the rest of the book gave clear, common sense advice on how to get ideas from just ideas to actually getting done we're very good. Why not 5? Found it difficult to read as was a bit dry in places so read it over time.
on 6 June 2016
Brand new. Very good quality. The book is highly motivational and helped me a lot with my everyday life
on 22 July 2014
Been using the ideas here time and again with people involved in any aspect of the creative industries who take their art and business seriously and don't see the two in conflict. As someone who sits between those worlds this is a real goldmine of actionable idea and challenging thoughts Rob @ Blue Hippo Media/Impatient Management
on 10 July 2017
great book
on 11 April 2017
Making ideas happen is a good book when you're starting a new project, can motivate you well.
on 18 October 2017
Good for an outline but it seemed the summary began just as I started to gather anything useful or new.
on 29 September 2015
Really interesting and inspiring book. If you are looking to find a way to motivate yourself and keep productive for you freelance career this is a good choice.