- Hardcover: 336 pages
- Publisher: Yale University Press (16 Aug. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0300163827
- ISBN-13: 978-0300163827
- Product Dimensions: 16.7 x 3.2 x 24.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 524,637 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Making of the English Gardener: Plants, Books and Inspiration, 1560-1660 Hardcover – 16 Aug 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Willes, who was a publisher for the National Trust, is a true bibliophile who has undertaken an ambitious piece of research that will be invaluable to students of gardens and their history. Rosie Atkins, History Today--Rosie Atkins"History Today" (10/01/2011)"
"Willes, who was a publisher for the National Trust, is a true bibliophile who has undertaken an ambitious piece of research that will be invaluable to students of gardens and their history."--Rosie Atkins, History Today--Rosie Atkins"History Today" (10/01/2011) --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
About the Author
Margaret Willes has spent a career in book publishing, initially at Weidenfeld & Nicolson, then Sphere Books and Sidgwick & Jackson, before becoming the publisher at the National Trust. Her first book was 'Reading Matters: Five Centuries of Discovering Books' (Yale, 2008), followed by 'Pick of the Bunch: The Story of Twelve Treasured Flowers'.