Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£12.99|
Save £3.64 (28%)
The Making and Breaking of Affectional Bonds: Volume 60 (Routledge Classics) 2nd , Kindle Edition
|Length: 225 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Bowlby was an analyst who was central to developments placing psycho-analyse on a more scientific footing, in this book he contrasts analysis with social learning theory which he felt was more scientific proceeding from testable hypothesis, and focusing upon the development of psychological traits, ie attachment.
In many of the chapters Bowlby appears to be writing recommendations for further research or establishing the limitations of existing theory. This book is a good place to begin to discover Bowlby's essential ideas about attachment, bonding, seperation and loss, the emotional conflict this entails and resulting acquisition of emotional copeing skills and strategy in childhood. Included is some speculation about negative patterns of behaviour originating when secure attachment styles do not develop.
The book also serves as a fair critism of psycho-analysis in general at the time, in this respect its like Crisis of Psychoanalysis: Essays on Freud, Marx, and Social Psychology by Eric Fromm or some of Fromm's books in the routledge classics series. See The Dogma of Christ: And Other Essays on Religion, Psychology and Culture (Routledge Classics), ...Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Child & Developmental Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Paediatrics
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Medicine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Psychology > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP