on 20 September 2011
I read their first book, the 44 property secrets [longer title] and that got me into property investing. This book has taken me to the next level where I'm actually getting good discounts now. I particularly like the advanced negotiation section, because you need the script to get the results, and it's all there.
I paid over a grand for a negotiation DVD set - about 15 DVD's that hardly fitted through my door, and the section in this book was better, because it was more specific and applicable to property investing.
I also like the no B.S approach and writing style. I don't read many books but this was easy, despite having lots of proper content rather than 'sizzle'.
on 13 November 2012
As someone looking to enter into the property world as a full-time investor, I am at the stage of reading as many books and reports as possible. 'Make Cash in a Property Market Crash' is the third book on the topic I have read.

Presented in a clear and easy-to-read format, the book demonstrates a depth of industry knowledge gained only from significant experience (positive and negative!). And with two authors collaborating, you get twice the experience!

I found that it's explanations of negotiation techniques were clear and in depth and, as someone with a full-time job in sales in an unrelated industry, have even implemented the knowledge in other areas. (So even if you're uhming and ahhing about whether to get into property, you'll probably find there's something in there of interest anyway!) I finished the book thinking "I can do that" - not "that's easy" or "there's no risk" but that I have the necessary skills and knowledge to get going and the rest I can learn along the way. That's usable, practical knowledge that a lot of other books don't offer or, if they do, isn't relevant to the UK market.

I have since read a further report by Rob and Mark and been equally impressed. It's really nice to see them sharing their knowledge so freely. I'm yet to buy my first property, but am getting to the stage where I'm gonna go for it (just getting my ducks in a row first!). Between the books and reports, I'm already using the practical knowledge gained to see 'below market value' properties. It's great. It's only a matter of time before I buy my first.

One final thing worthy of note. Having read various books and reports, there is no shortage of folk trying to jam training courses down your throat left, right and centre. Whilst Progressive Property offer similar services, this book is not an unrelentingly blatant sales pitch detracting from its true purpose. That's refreshing and not to be underappreciated.
These guys write in a humerous adventurous style that disguises the fact that they are leading edge top property investor types who can not only walk the talk but can explain how they do it. This is one book every serious property investor should own. Mark is the money man and Rob is the marketing man. Together they make a formidable team. They really do share some very potent secrets and because their experience is uk specific and current it is more relevant than some of the old wisdom from across the pond which whilst interesting and inspiring is more difficult to apply.
on 28 March 2012
I had invested in property for many years before reading this book. Due to being burnt a couple of times in the past, the recession, lack of funds and trust and due to sheer panic I had really slowed down my investing and nearly stopped. Since reading this book I have learnt more than I ever thought possible and the knowledge gained was so valuable which gave me the confidence to push on. This book is truly amazing and inspiring. The information given totally shows you the "how to" do it for yourself and explains it really well. I totally recommend reading this book as it will open your eyes to the many opportunities in making a passive income from property. I would say one thing though, please do not read it in the bath as I did because I got so addicted to it and spent so long in there I came out looking like a shrivelled prune!!!!
on 7 February 2013
Found this book recomended from another book i had read to do with property. Have not read any of the other books these guys have written, but the one im reading is not bad its quite witty and has a sence of humor through it. It gives you ideas and good advice. It came with a chocolate!! You recive emails with realy good advice & info. So far this is the best book ive read on investing in property.(ive read a few!!)
on 28 May 2013
I wanted to give this book a 4.5 but, alas, it was not possible. Not to worry, because I'm sure if you are interested in property and want to see how relatively straightforward it is to earn a decent income from it, then you too will enjoy this very readable book.

It packs loads of fantastic insight into a smooth and fun read.

I particularly loved the enthusiasm the authors lend to this book ... I felt so inspired after reading it, that I almost went running out to buy the gorgeous 5-bed property down the road! But common sense and a kick from my bank manager made me think otherwise. I now know, however, there are myriad ways of profiting with property and I have already begun the process of actually 'doing' instead of just thinking about doing. ;0

Easy to read, clear and compelling, I enjoyed it from start to finish -- and it is definitely a book that I will refer back to again and again. Highly recommended.
on 11 February 2012
I liked the first book so much I had to buy the second which I have to say was also full packed with up to date, easy to understand information. This book will help you to understand why a downward market is THE best time to invest in property when everyone else is scared and waiting for prices to pick up. If you follow the information in this book and take action, you will succeed! It's definitely worth every penny and it's not a mystery as to why it's a best seller.
on 22 April 2016
Another inspireing book to get you motivated.Packed with sound excellent advice and tips like all thier books these guys dont mind shareing thier years of knowledge for free.Dont wait to buy property buy now thiers no time like the present
on 13 December 2013
I have read both this and the earlier book written by Rob and Mark. Observe the masses and do the opposite. People who invested in property prior to 2007 expected through buying and holding property waiting for the market prices to rise to make their money when the property was sold - many were wiped out and lost money and their portfolios. Rob and Mark saw the changes in the market and as a small business were able quickly to adapt to make money in a falling market! This book openly recounts their personal investment journey and the strategies they used to make money when they purchased property rather than when it was sold! The best partnerships come from using complementary knowledge and skillsets - Rob and Mark are very different. A good read and great information. Rob and Mark deliver brilliant practical knowledge in both their books and training courses. Everything the recount and teach comes from personal experience.
on 4 June 2015
Just finished reading this, excellent book.

Best principal explained, conservation of capital. Get interest only mortgage, due to erosion of debt (inflation) that mortgage loan will only be a third of the price in 25 years time. I can sell 1/3 of my portfolio, and retire on the 2/3 when I'm 50. (I'm thinking Spain, or Thailand)