The Majesty of Mughal Decoration: The Art and Architecture of Islamic India Hardcover – 1 Oct 2007
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Offers a valuable, inspiring perspective into Indian cultural traditions of embellishment and design'
-- House & Garden
'Strikingly original... the author and publisher have opened a door through which we are transported directly into the heart of this culture'
-- The World of Interiors
About the Author
George Michell is an architectural historian, specializing in ancient Indian architecture. Among his many publications are The Royal Palaces of India and Hindu Art and Architecture, both published by Thames & Hudson.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
'Mughal Decoration' is unlikely to sell many copies in the West because the subject matter is Islamic. That's unfortunate. If you're interested in different kinds of art and architecture, disregarding this kind is a significant omission.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Print & Decorative Arts
- Books > History > Asia > India
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Printmaking
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Islam > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Islamic Studies