Maintenance of Process Instrumentation in Nuclear Power Plants (Power Systems) Hardcover – 25 Sep 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
The resurgence of the nuclear power industry at a time when the nuclear plant I&C workforce is diminishing due to aging and retirements has been the motivation for writing this book. This book compiles 30 years of practical knowledge gained by the author and his staff in testing the I&C systems of nuclear power plants around the world. It focuses on process temperature and pressure sensors and the verification of these sensors’ calibration and response time.
In spite of great advances in electronics, computers, and measurement technologies, important process parameters such as temperature and pressure are still measured with conventional sensing techniques found in RTDs, thermocouples, and conventional pressure and differential pressure sensors. Furthermore, no improved technology providing comparable performance is currently on the horizon. Therefore, it is important to understand how these sensors function and the testing techniques for verifying their performance. This book is intended to help provide this understanding.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Food & Drink > Diets & Healthy Eating > Weight Control
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Bioengineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Automatic Control
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Energy Technology > Nuclear Power
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Energy Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies